Adblue not registering

21 reg T6.1 ad blue notification on for the the last 3 days . Added 5 litres yesterday and did the reset turning on for 30 plus secs but nothing even after a 10 mile drive.
Going to the stealers to sort but working that the quantity notification wrong considering only a 13 litre tank ??
Will update later but any thoughts ?
Just to point out the absolute obvious here here...... The dash says to top up a minimum of 11.75L, you put in only 5L,

It was never going to work

T6.1 have a 22L / 18k miles range adblue tank...(not sure at what point it changed)

T6 was about 13L 4.5k range adblue tank

@colinsunbeam posted this....

View attachment 186037

my 70 plate kombi 6.1 had a small adblue tank, 6k max range, my 22 plate 6.1 has the large tank giving circa 20krange

not all 6.1s have the larger tank im thinking ?

my 70 plate kombi 6.1 had a small adblue tank, 6k max range, my 22 plate 6.1 has the large tank giving circa 20krange

not all 6.1s have the larger tank im thinking ?
Parts catalogue shows two tanks for all years from 2020 to 2024

7E0131877K - a T6 based part number - looks to be the smaller tank
7LA131877E - T6.1 part - bigger tank

No real indication of why two though. The 7LA part is attached to PR codes 4BI and 4BK - which just refer to EU6

Ultimately just do what the Dash tells you and you'll not go wrong.

Update , after the 5lt didn't register put another 10 lt in and hey presto the screen was right. 22lt tank now registering 10000 miles of driving.
That'll be enough time to find an ad blue pump at a forecourt near me.:rolleyes: Argos 10lts £18.50 to Spec

Parts catalogue shows two tanks for all years from 2020 to 2024

7E0131877K - a T6 based part number - looks to be the smaller tank
7LA131877E - T6.1 part - bigger tank

No real indication of why two though. The 7LA part is attached to PR codes 4BI and 4BK - which just refer to EU6

Ultimately just do what the Dash tells you and you'll not go wrong.
I THINK the adblue tanks may be different sizes according to fuel tank size. (Big fuel / smaller adblue, small fuel/bigger adblue) I have the 70L fuel tank and asked about retrofitting the 80L one. VW said I’d have to change the adblue tank (presumably for the smaller one) to do that and at £600+ for the tank I didn’t bother. Or maybe it’s Big/Big & Small / Small but they said the 80L tank would not fit unless I changed the adblue tank.

This morning my Adblue dropped from 3500 miles (1.00-1.25Ga) to 600 miles (1.00-1.25) with warning that in 600 miles, engine wont start.

Pulled into nearest services (5:30am - M4) and paid £18 for 5 litres, threw it in and turned on ignition, waited a minute or so but didnt register.

Continued my journey, after about 40 miles, registered as 5000 mile range. I wish I could just remove the Adblue system, drives me crazy!

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
I wish I could just remove the Adblue system
My understanding is that you can but there might be implications arising from it. I'm having a nightmare with the Ad Blue system on my Audi Q5 at the moment and am thinking about an Ad Blue delete. I'm probably going to canvas for opinions on here about the issue in general rather than being car - specific once I've done a bit more research on line.

This morning my Adblue dropped from 3500 miles (1.00-1.25Ga) to 600 miles (1.00-1.25) with warning that in 600 miles, engine wont start.

Pulled into nearest services (5:30am - M4) and paid £18 for 5 litres, threw it in and turned on ignition, waited a minute or so but didnt register.

Continued my journey, after about 40 miles, registered as 5000 mile range. I wish I could just remove the Adblue system, drives me crazy!
This is a familiar story. You can map the adblue system out (via software at a garage) but it is apparently dubious legally. I spoke to a garage who were doing around 4 remaps a week just on T6s. As there appears to be no solution to the adblue problem it seems the only options are to have it remapped or put up with the endless cycle of adblue problems. Very frustrating.

Back