Odd things I've noticed with my van

HoopDub

I fix stuff
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I've had my t6 for just over 8 months now and I've noticed a few odd things...

Strange beeping/high pitch sound coming from dash when accelerating and co stant at around 2200 rpm. Its very digital and not a mechanical sound, i cant pin pointbit, very annoying.

I've done a couple of thousand miles, a few full tanks of fuel and it hasnt once asked me to fill the adblue.

It seems a lot nippier than the 80bhp suggest it would be.

Today, literally 10 minutes ago, i was travelling on the motorway and found out my van is speed limited to 75mph. Never been that fast in it before to notice, i was overtaking a lorry so put my foot down and it just eased off accelerating at 75 and wouldn't let me go any faster.

Bit different to mynold t4

Tech

Hi
I to have a new to me 6.1, I was on the motorway , set the cruise to 70 , and all is well, then it just slowed down!?, I thought what the hell, then it sped up again?!, I worked out quickly it was the safety system, ACC I think it’s called, senses all around the van for other vehicles, beeps and buzzing all the time, , I do need to turn it all off , not sure how yet , not had a proper look!,

It might be that, someone more knowledgeable may be along to to comment

Reactions: CAB
Hi
I to have a new to me 6.1, I was on the motorway , set the cruise to 70 , and all is well, then it just slowed down!?, I thought what the hell, then it sped up again?!, I worked out quickly it was the safety system, ACC I think it’s called, senses all around the van for other vehicles, beeps and buzzing all the time, , I do need to turn it all off , not sure how yet , not had a proper look!,

Why would you want to turn it off? ACC in my opinion best thing since sliced bread - essentially a front radar that maintains a constant distance from the vehicle in front by slowing down/speeding up. Well worth reading the instructions about how it all works but I love it - and if coupled with a DSG gearbox, then even better. I would not buy a car/van without it now - it never gets tired or fatigued!

Can it be turned off??
Can what be turned off? Adaptive cruise control can be, you just don't use it.

But it can't be turned back to 'dumb' cruise control, and I don't know why you'd want it to, unless you enjoy constantly adjusting speed and disengaging/engaging cruise control when coming up to slower vehicles.

Adaptive cruise control will keep you at the same speed as the vehicle you're following if it's the same or slower than you've set, then will automatically accelerate to your set speed when you change lanes. And if you have a DSG it'll brake you down to a complete stop if the traffic in front stops.

It's a game changer for long motorway trips.

I found it a bit intrusive to my driving , it slammed on the brakes to soon for me and didn’t give enough time to change lanes , but it was my first time using it so I’ll get more used to it!, I didn’t even know the van had it, I thought the dpf or egr was playing up

Reactions: CAB
You can set the distance it keeps from the vehicle in front, on the biggest distance it will leave a huge gap, just adjust that to a smaller gap - once you get used to it (and trust it!) it's absolutely brilliant.

It may also prevent you from undertaking (it did on my Skoda but doesn't on my T6) but you can override that (or any time you need to go faster or override the auto braking) by pressing the accelerator.

Hi

I dont have acc on my t6 but i do have collision avoidance radar. I hate it. I do have acc and collision avoidance on my golf, i quite like the acc, but again hate the CO. A few times I've had the brakes slam on for no reason, a few times in thevgolf and once in the t6. Not one time was there anything physically in front of me, but every time it has been on aproach to overhead railway bridges on a roundabout. Every time it's happened like that, it must be the shadow of the overpass is all i can think of. It's not pleasant having the brakes slam on when your not expecting them too!!

Back