2017 204 oil consumption issues [Resolved]

If the DPF is that blocked, what can you actually do? Is there some kind of forced 'super regen'?

They cleaned mine out somehow but it's still not as good as it should be I think

New DPF is probably the only real answer.

Ah crap, won't be going too fast on the Autobahn home then. Super regen sounds good, may be a fire lit underneath it. :cool:
take it easy/kid gloves driving. When mine was blocked it was hitting mad temperatures and just sitting there trying to unblock it, like 850+ degrees! I was warned there is a risk of hole'ing a piston

take it easy/kid gloves driving. When mine was blocked it was hitting mad temperatures and just sitting there trying to unblock it, like 850+ degrees! I was warned there is a risk of hole'ing a piston
£2.5k exchange one from VW fixed it, and then the oil consumption was obvious

Cheers I will have steady run home now and will see what the DPFMonitor displays, although will be a bit nervous now if I see 850+ degrees!

I had an old T4 2.4 5-pot (140k+ miles) and had that at 80mph for hours and never used any oil.

If only the DPF etc could be removed, although I suspect there would then be a lot of smoke and it wouldn't pass an MOT.

I know of people knocking the insides of the dpf out, then you map and blank the egr and if your engine is good, hay presto. Just make it look legit so MOT man doesnt notice

Cheers I will have steady run home now and will see what the DPFMonitor displays, although will be a bit nervous now if I see 850+ degrees!

I had an old T4 2.4 5-pot (140k+ miles) and had that at 80mph for hours and never used any oil.

If only the DPF etc could be removed, although I suspect there would then be a lot of smoke and it wouldn't pass an MOT.
I am very tempted in a T3 Syncro, get a really old one from SA that MOT exempt, ULEZ exempt etc, nice engine in it

if your dpf is already at 24g soot after 3.4 miles since the last regen I reckon that's well and trully blocked and it'll try to regen again straight away... this is what my one did before the turbo went, the increased back pressure of the blocked dpf puts too much load on the turbo shaft which will break.
Think you're right, went on a drive today while my son was monitoring the DPF. Started regen straight away and stopped with soot at 5.9g. 2 minutes (2 miles) later soot was at 24g and regen started again. DPF temp in/out 592/617oC. I take it must be just constantly doing regens.

Think you're right, went on a drive today while my son was monitoring the DPF. Started regen straight away and stopped with soot at 5.9g. 2 minutes (2 miles) later soot was at 24g and regen started again. DPF temp in/out 592/617oC. I take it must be just constantly doing regens.
That’s exactly what I had. They’ve cleaned out my DPF when they fitted the new turbos and now there’s about 80ish miles between regens, it goes from 5g to 12g nice and slow and then jumps to 24 all of a sudden so I think it’s still partly blocked.

Still haven’t done the proper log that the wise men from this forum have explained, really need to get on with that!

Can the dpf and egr cooler not be mapped out and blanked off? To save all of these issues from developing?

I have an oil leak from my turbo into my dpf, so need to get this even too, it’s going in for a VW service this month in Glasgow. I have around 48k on it now and it’s an early 204 dsg shuttle from late 2015. I’ve never had problems with oil consumption until recently. I got my dpf cleaned and it was this guy who said it was oil leaking from the Turbo causing the issue with the dpf clogging up the carbon deposits.

Question is if I now delete the EGR valve etc when get the Turbo issue sorted will that create less issues for me in the future? I’ve had the bus since early 2017 and it only had 2k miles on it when I bought it from VW dealership in Croydon, it has had full VWSH so has been well looked after.
Had my bus into VW for its service last week, they said only slight misting is visible around the Turbo and nothing to be concerned about from what they can see, they said they’d need to do much more diagnostic work at cost to see if they could see anything. Given it’s only 49k they said it’s highly unlikely there is anything concerning. I think I may look to try and source a good and knowledgeable Transporter mechanic in and around the Renfrewshire/Glasgow to have a look at it to avoid the main dealer rates.

Back