Adaptive cruise control

Dave F

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have just hired a vw Cali to go to F1 as my t6 camper is still in build. It's a 204 fully loaded and it's nice the best thing is the adaptive cruise control I drove for over 100 miles on A1 without touching the pedals. Even when we came to a stop the van stoped and then started again without any input from me it is truly fantastic. My question to you all is can it be retro fitted? I would probably have to change stealing wheel as my control is on the stork. You can even set the distance that it works from the car in front I need it .

Yes its amazing i have it on my Caravelle
But stuff like this Retro Fitted is usually complicated and expensive

It's good isn't it? Streets ahead of ant cruise control I've had before. Probably cost a fortune to retro fit, I'd ask you dealer to see if it can be

That's interesting, mine tells me to put my foot on the brake if it comes to a complete standstill and I have to press resume to start off again. At least I thought I did, I'll have to try not pressing and see if it moves off on its own

That's interesting, mine tells me to put my foot on the brake if it comes to a complete standstill and I have to press resume to start off again. At least I thought I did, I'll have to try not pressing and see if it moves off on its own
Mine's the same, it will pull off if the vehicle in front moves off within 2 seconds, if you ignore it it lets go and might roll back.

Hey all, currently in the process of purchasing a T6 with Highline spec from a VW dealer down in Devon.
I wondered what the small cut out in the front lower grill was and the salesman told me it was the adaptive cruise control sensor, cool!
However, he said it wasn't connected/linked up or operational and is not down on the vehicle as one of the extras. Wondering why it has it there then.
Is this a standard or common thing to have a sensor fitted but not have it set up. Is it fitted on request for the possibility of having it set up later. I asked if VW would/could set it up and the response was a place in London can do it, so just a bit confused if this is a common thing.
Thanks in advance.

thumbnail_image1.jpg

If it's a brand new MY18 van then they come with autonomous braking as standard now which uses the same sensor as ACC

Hello from Slovenia

Sorry for this reply, looks like I don't believe you :) But, really, I can't believe.
VW has two features "installed" in ACC:
- follow to stop and
- stop and go.
Both are valid for DSG gearbox only.
T6 has first option available only. So far. Second was not possible to order. Checked in MY 2017 T6 204 4M highline, loaded with almost all options available. At that time, dealer also confirmed that stop and go is available for passat, new tiguan...only. Not in T6.
So, would you be so kind and check model year of T6 you said stop and go worked. Is it 2018? Maybe part first of VIN would be also nice to have. I do not believe it is because of different market.
There has been already started thread regarding all new features/functions/changes for MY2018, but I do not remember anyone managed to get them all. Or there is a list somewhere?
Both relies on my T6 knowledge, but I believe there is someone with higher technical knowlwdge, able to clarify this.
Just before I've press post reply, I've checked German price list (multivan, not california)...stil only follow to stop mentioned with ACC.

Br, Arne

As far as I know - the T6 does not have the electric handbrake like the passat etc - this stops it being 'stop and go ' . When you come to a stop with ACC you then have to press the peddle to get going again- but you do get a second or two so if it comes to a brief stop it will start again by itself. But until it gets the electric handbrake it wont be stop and go.

Had it on the Touareg and it requires the Auto-hold feature. as it uses the Auto-hold to keep the car stationary. and Auto-hold requires the EPB so that if the auto-hold fails or has been on for 3 minutes it can apply the handbrake.

Evening all! Anyone got anywhere with upgrading normal to adaptive cruise on 2018 vans that have the front bumper braking sensor?

Evening all! Anyone got anywhere with upgrading normal to adaptive cruise on 2018 vans that have the front bumper braking sensor?
Would need to hook it up to vcds and have a look at the settings, do you have the multi-function steering wheel with the acc buttons?

Doh! Had not thought about that, no steering wheel has space for the button but it's a blank

mine has this radar thing but it seams only for city breaking at max 19mph! so wont do anything if someone cuts in front of you on a fast road, seams odd why even though it has the radar thing, must just be a software thing. seams strange holding back on a safety feature when you have he hardware already in place.

Back