AbsoluT5 carpet lining

Absolut5

Senior ICE man
Trade Member
T6 Legend
IMG_5465.JPG IMG_5468.JPG IMG_5472.JPG IMG_5473.JPG New T6 in this week for the following-

Dynamat Xtreme the rear
Closed cell foam
Insulation
2 tone carpet lining
Cabin matching ceiling
Mood lighting
110 AGM leisure battery installed to factory spec for the bluemotion technology
Led lighting
CBE sockets
2 privacy windows
Red vinyl panels to add some colour
Pioneer rear speakers

View attachment 4518 View attachment 4517 View attachment 4516 View attachment 4515 New T6 in this week for the following-

Dynamat Xtreme the rear
Closed cell foam
Insulation
2 tone carpet lining
Cabin matching ceiling
Mood lighting
110 AGM leisure battery installed to factory spec for the bluemotion technology
Led lighting
CBE sockets
2 privacy windows
Red vinyl panels to add some colour
Pioneer rear speakers
Nice work there. Do you just carpet over the rear wheel arches or is there any other product put on the rear wheel arch before you carpet over it?
Interested to know as my conversion company just carpeted over the arch and said the carpet they use has sound absorbing properties and don't put anything else under it as the carpet won't stick to it as well and the finish is not very good.

Very nice job. It looks like you haven't carpeted around the side windows. Can you post up how you finished the carpeting around the window on the non sliding side? I'm going to be starting carpeting mine once I've got the insulation done

Nice work there. Do you just carpet over the rear wheel arches or is there any other product put on the rear wheel arch before you carpet over it?
Interested to know as my conversion company just carpeted over the arch and said the carpet they use has sound absorbing properties and don't put anything else under it as the carpet won't stick to it as well and the finish is not very good.

When we sound deadening the arches we remove the wheels and liners and do it from the out side... this leaves the arches clean and sharp looking

Reactions: HHO
IMG_0676.JPG
Very nice job. It looks like you haven't carpeted around the side windows. Can you post up how you finished the carpeting around the window on the non sliding side? I'm going to be starting carpeting mine once I've got the insulation done

We do not carpet the sliding door, just the panel as there is no leading edge to lose the carpet. Resulting in a non perfect finish...

Drivers side, cut window out, carpet up to cutout, then window U trim is added, then window installed

When we sound deadening the arches we remove the wheels and liners and do it from the out side... this leaves the arches clean and sharp looking
Cheers @Absolut5 sounds like this is what I need to do. Would you mind giving a brief description on how and what you use to do this as the level of road noise is driving me nuts. I full understand if this is something you would not what to share on a public forum.

View attachment 4545

We do not carpet the sliding door, just the panel as there is no leading edge to lose the carpet. Resulting in a non perfect finish...

Drivers side, cut window out, carpet up to cutout, then window U trim is added, then window installed
Hmm. Any suggestions to what I could do as an amateur? I'm not going to even think about removing the window.

Hmm. Any suggestions to what I could do as an amateur? I'm not going to even think about removing the window.

If it has a U trim around window, then pull it up or if it stuck, then bend the outer face of it outwards,

If it's a Factory Kombi, then we slide a piece of Dynamat backing, or use paper down the side it between the window and metal, sheiding the glass and spray glue all the way around. Then when you carpet use a plastic trim too, or old credit card and push the carpet in between the glass and metal,

Using a sharp black slide it around the edge again...

I should have my T6 tomorrow and although I thought I would wait a while before lining this is certainly encouraging me to get it lined sooner rather than later - Fantastic work @Absolut5

If it has a U trim around window, then pull it up or if it stuck, then bend the outer face of it outwards,

If it's a Factory Kombi, then we slide a piece of Dynamat backing, or use paper down the side it between the window and metal, sheiding the glass and spray glue all the way around. Then when you carpet use a plastic trim too, or old credit card and push the carpet in between the glass and metal,

Using a sharp black slide it around the edge again...
Thanks @Absolut5 - top tip. It is a factory Kombi so I just had a quick look in the van and I can see how that is possible although not easy for an amateur

Thanks @Absolut5 - top tip. It is a factory Kombi so I just had a quick look in the van and I can see how that is possible although not easy for an amateur

Factory Kombi has a trim which is removable at the top and bottom of each window which makes it slightly easier, but follow the method I mentioned, slide paper between the glass and bodywork, this allows a good amount of glue to be sprayed right up to the edge, let it dry, remove paper them mouldy the carpet into the edge, leave it for a few minutes and cut with a very sharp blade between the glass and bodywork...

If you are ver near our area, pop in and il show you

IMG_3362.JPG IMG_3400.JPG IMG_3402.JPG IMG_3399.JPG IMG_3404.JPG IMG_3398.JPG More T6 lining..

Panel van converted with the following

110 AGM leisure battery wired to factory spec
Main hook up
Eberspacher heater installed underneath
Full sound deadening and insulation from Dynamat and closed cell foam
2 tone carpet lining
6mm dense panels with recesses for detail
Seamless around rear tailgate area
Cabin matching ceiling trim to keep it light
Led downlights in ceiling and tailgate
Various sockets
Side and rear windows installed

IMG_5525.JPG IMG_5522.JPG IMG_5523.JPG IMG_5524.JPG IMG_5526.JPG IMG_5527.JPG IMG_5528.JPG Request from a antique furniture supplier was to have storage, straps to hold the furniture, and even a umbrella holder.

So it was sound proofed, 2 tone carpet lined, 6mm dense panels, lighting and fit the new T6 sidebars with Led lighting

IMG_1631.JPG
2 tone carpet lining for VW Heritage commercial van sales, the attention to details remains like any of our lining installs. Seamless lining around tailgate area, and recesses for handles etc

Back