A Good Snow Foam....

I'll have to pop my snow foam pics up later.

I was itching to wax my van all over when it got its first wash the other day but it's only going to get stripped off on most of the van when it gets wrapped next month.

Gave a first coating on the areas not getting wrapped though, can't wait to get it waxed up so well that the dirt practically slides off ;)

20180117_122216.jpg
Snowfoam Wednesday. First play with Autobrite lance and foam. Great fun. Lance and foam worked great and easy to adjust. Van is now sparkling. Shame it wont last!

Probably user error, but managed to coat van, dog and myself in this snow foam stuff.....not helped by stiff breeze....but drizzle had rinsed much off before I could put the power washer on it, then did it again with brush to clean the muck off. Suppose I should do it on a dry still day?

Forgive the dumb question, but what's the point of the snowfoam? I waxed the van last year with some horribly expensive wax / sealant stuff which was great for about a month, as the power washer just lifted the muck off. Then it was necessary to use my Hozelok brush with diluted Meguiers running through it in order to remove the grime. Will snowfoaming make my life easier?

I'm a total novice and someone else will come along with much better advice than me but I got the Autobrite Heavy Duty lance for my Karcher and it came with some Autobrite snow foam. Great fun to use and supposedly acts as a pre wash ie loosens and strips some of the dirt and crud before you take buckets and mits to the van. The Autobrite lance seems decent quality and easy to adjust.

Forgive the dumb question, but what's the point of the snowfoam? I waxed the van last year with some horribly expensive wax / sealant stuff which was great for about a month, as the power washer just lifted the muck off. Then it was necessary to use my Hozelok brush with diluted Meguiers running through it in order to remove the grime. Will snowfoaming make my life easier?

Have a look at 'polish bliss' website.. very good guide to all detailing processes.

snow foam will loosen the dirt on the van and therefore will lift off easier and also stops you rubbing grit in and causing swirl marks, I always foam then blast off with pressure washer before actually washing it.

snow foam will loosen the dirt on the van and therefore will lift off easier and also stops you rubbing grit in and causing swirl marks, I always foam then blast off with pressure washer before actually washing it.
Yes me too, looking at the foam produced using Autogylm might try that out. Just bought I nice piece of kit to wash my van roof, extending micro fibre noodles washing pad from Amazon.

Back