275/40/20 tyres on 8.5J wheel?

ET35 wheel. No spacers. I would space out the rear if using all the same size to bring the wheel to the same place as the front relative to the arch. But that’s just me...

ET35 wheel. No spacers. I would space out the rear if using all the same size to bring the wheel to the same place as the front relative to the arch. But that’s just me...
That’s a good idea @Tsixty.... that way you’ll get a staggered (ish) look?

@T6ARF I'm not particularly worried about the look, just something that works better than what I have now, hopefully this is the solution

I have just picked up my first Campervan, a T6.1 T28, which originally had the factory 205/65/16’s on, and the converter replaced them with 275/40/20, so have read this thread with interest.
On the tyre size comparison sites, although the 245/45/20’s are the same circumference roughly as the 275/40/20, they are still just over 8% different than the originals.
Are there any other profiles that bring the figure down closer to the original size, that are readily available, or, is the difference in size not really of concern.
thanks.

I have just picked up my first Campervan, a T6.1 T28, which originally had the factory 205/65/16’s on, and the converter replaced them with 275/40/20, so have read this thread with interest.
On the tyre size comparison sites, although the 245/45/20’s are the same circumference roughly as the 275/40/20, they are still just over 8% different than the originals.
Are there any other profiles that bring the figure down closer to the original size, that are readily available, or, is the difference in size not really of concern.
thanks.
Personally, I don’t care. Just make sure you know your Speedo offset, and recognise that you mpg calcs will be 8% out.

thanks.
T28 only needs a 100 load rated tyre, so you can go with 235/45 if you wanted to, assuming that you are on 8.5" wide wheels. It's a little bit closer to factory on the speedo and a much better width tyre for 8.5" wheels than 275. Even closer to standard for the speedo is a 255/40, available up to 101 load rating so again suitable for your van and still OK for 8.5" width.

Standard speedos always over read. I've found that the 8% size increase has now made my speedo pretty much bang on as best I can compare it with various GPS devices. I don't think there are any other drawbacks as far as I'm aware.

Just out of curiosity do you know what size (width) your wheels are? I find this practice of putting 275mm tyres on 8.5" wide wheels quite alarming.

Standard speedos always over read. I've found that the 8% size increase has now made my speedo pretty much bang on as best I can compare it with various GPS devices. I don't think there are any other drawbacks as far as I'm aware.

Just out of curiosity do you know what size (width) your wheels are? I find this practice of putting 275mm tyres on 8.5" wide wheels quite alarming.
Wheels are 8.5J all round, with 275/40/20 on and with Haida tyres on.
Never heard of Haida, but presumme they are budget tyres? Hence looking to get some better tyres on at a more relavant size.

I'm going 255/40 20 on 8.5" rims. 103Y in Falken at a good price.

Edit: but mine's a T28, so not much help.

245/45/20 on 8.5J ET35
275/40/20 on 10J ET40
Coilovers about half way, so about 60-65mm down based on the advertised range of suspension.
So a decent drop!
I’m happy with the 275/40 rears but think I’ll try 245/45 if they don’t rub as have same size/offset wheels.

So a decent drop!
I’m happy with the 275/40 rears but think I’ll try 245/45 if they don’t rub as have same size/offset wheels.
I have done the upper inner arch screw mod, but no rubs since. Been toying with dropping it a touch more, but I am really happy with the look relative to comfort.

Back