2016 T6 Discover Mib2 Retrofit Issues

burto

Hi all,
firstly big thank you for this forum, I'm new on here so hopefully someone may point me in the right direction. removed a DAB head unit from my 2016 T6 camper, fitted discover media mib2, have had component protection removed, everything worked great, next morning, got in my van to find I'd lost Bluetooth and nav! left with parking aid, cd, and radio. anyone had this issue and can it be rectified easily?
cheers
Burto

Unfortunately its more complicated then just component protection
The bad news now is that you have fed the headunit with the incorrect CP signal and locked it, it is possible to get around these by modifying the headunit to negate security but AFAIK the only way to activate all the functions again after they have been shutdown is to install the unit back into the vehicle it came from :(

Thanks for the replies guys, maybe I should of joined here a while back and saved myself a few hundred quid!
Back to the drawing board, really wanted vw navy in my camper but can't bring myself to pay dealer prices.

Do you know where the unit came from ? Anyway of getting it back to the donor vehicle ?

I can contact previous owner and ask, if I can get it into original vehicle what needs to be done? and who does the internal mod to allow functions to work in another vehicle?

Or Android with Android Auto. Works in a similar way. And better with Google Maps than the VW SatNav in my opinion.
I don't have anything against Android Auto, but the unit I linked to doesn't have it which is why I mentioned having an iPhone.
I use Waze, which is part of Google, same map data but clearer displayed and with quicker traffic/incident notification.

Going to have to take a good look at a few Andys, was dead set on discover media, just my eagerness has cost me, it was looking great soon as cp was recoded too! Has a hour or so in the van last night with everything working. I was like a child in a toy shop, woke this morning and the shop had shut! Plus side is I still have the radio to listen to

Ah, didn't realise! Thought they supported both!

There are other units that do, but suggested this one as it's only £150 plus the harness adapter and works well and the OP has already been stung for a few hundred

Waze, which is part of Google, same map data but clearer displayed

I tried Waze a couple of times but I can not get on with it. It does not support Android Auto and App Connect so well. Zoom is not available with the RH rotary control. It also does not interface to camping apps so well so you can not link out with one click as you can with Google Maps. I also like to plan long routes on my PC and send it to the mobile phone and set favourites/pinned locations for places to visit that week/next day, etc. from our tablet all sharing the same Google account. Again, you can not do that with Waze.

I tried Waze a couple of times but I can not get on with it. It does not support Android Auto and App Connect so well. Zoom is not available with the RH rotary control. It also does not interface to camping apps so well so you can not link out with one click as you can with Google Maps. I also like to plan long routes on my PC and send it to the mobile phone and set favourites for places to visit that week/next day, etc. from our tablet all sharing the same Google account. Again, you can not do that with Waze.
Strange that they support iOS better, I can do those things on mine. I suppose they're still integrating, they have said that the Waze features are gradually being added to Google maps so maybe features will move the other way too.

Can you access Waze maps on a PC and send the route to your phone?
No that's true, it's not something I've tried. But you can link out to Waze from all the camping apps I use, zoom works fine, and you can have multiple waypoints. I do use Google Maps on the Mac to plan general itineries and check distances for long trips, or just to look at the satellite view of a particular place, but I like Waze much better for actual navigation on the move as the on screen graphics are much clearer and the crowd sourced hazard spotting is very quick and accurate. I do use Google maps on carplay if I'm static and want to look for a specific landmark, for which switching to satellite view is useful but it's no good for navigating.

That’s one part of it that will block the incorrect CP signal but the unit will still shutdown after 8 hours and lose functionality
The eeprom needs sorting internally in addition to the CP filter

Back