Composition colour head unit in VW Eos - CP Removal cost

Nam600

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'm buying a composition head unit off a T6F member as I want to replace the one in my 2010 Eos.

Has anyone ever tried this? How hard is it to remove the component protection? Can anyone here do that and how much does the service cost? I have done discover media before but that was in the original van and its easy to load mib2 toolbox fir that. This composition media is out of the original van and I am not even sure if the mib2 toolbox will work on it.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know if this will work once CP is removed as I want an OEM head unit with App Connect for a 2012 Polo.

@Dav-Tec Can you help?

Composition media cannot be done remotely or over the air. It can't be done using mib toolbox either. The process involves putting the unit in bench mode and can take 2 to 3 hours to do. We don't support doing the composition media units any more as it's not cost effective.

I have been given another solution but haven't had a unit to try it on yet of anyone fancys let us try the new solution I'll need the part number from the unit to make sure it's compatible.

Cheers
Chris

I'm buying a composition head unit off a T6F member as I want to replace the one in my 2010 Eos.

Has anyone ever tried this? How hard is it to remove the component protection? Can anyone here do that and how much dies the service cost? I have done discover media before but that was in the original van and its easy to load mib2 toolbox fir that. This composition media is out of the original van and I am not even sure if the mib2 toolbox will work on it.

Thanks
Composition media cannot be done remotely or over the air. It can't be done using mib toolbox either. The process involves putting the unit in bench mode and can take 2 to 3 hours to do. We don't support doing the composition media units any more as it's not cost effective.

I have been given another solution but haven't had a unit to try it on yet of anyone fancys let us try the new solution I'll need the part number from the unit to make sure it's compatible.

Cheers
Chris
Thanks Chris. That's a shame as functionally, it would have been perfect for our Eos.

Back