Sold Discover Media Sat Nav 5c0 035 680g With Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDamMan

Wanderer…Not lost..Enjoy life’s Journey
VIP Member
T6 Legend
F3675F9D-50B1-491D-AAC0-3F503E024CCB.jpeg C15ACB5C-DE7F-43D4-95FB-EB09A0EA83D4.jpeg 4DEDDB5D-15A5-4808-B499-774F50A259AC.jpeg This unit has Component Protection and can be deactivated by VW once fitted.....

Discover Media Satellite Navigation System with Europa 1 (V8) maps
Very good condition and has been removed from my T6 T32 2018......only 6 months old from new

Comes with all the stuff VW put on it and you can add app connect

Would like £500

Could arrange to meet or collection if you’d like it

Cheers

Hi

Regarding the Component Proction...spoke to VW Warrington ( not commercial dealer but same as all outlets)

The unit once installed can be connected to VW software to enable it.....it would have cost implications ,but I’m sure that you can confirm that with VW prior to purchase

Cheers

may i ask what you fitted in its place?

and very interested to hear how much VW want to re-add it into a different van and if if goes smoothly (from the perspective buyer that is)

Hi

As regards to the price of refitting I only asked if it can be done...answer was Yes ..but depends on the dealer

I’ve had a complete new system put in Kenwood DNX9180DABS with other bits by Boundry Car Care (St Helens)

Cheers

Hi Olly

Nothing wrong with the old system but as I’ve had dash cam fitted that interacts with my new head unit,and extra speakers put in the back while it was being carpet trimmed etc ....
It made sense to have all done at the same time

Cheers

Hi Olly

Nothing wrong with the old system but as I’ve had dash cam fitted that interacts with my new head unit,and extra speakers put in the back while it was being carpet trimmed etc ....
It made sense to have all done at the same time

Cheers
View attachment 36145 View attachment 36146 View attachment 36147 This unit has Component Protection and can be deactivated by VW once fitted.....

Discover Media Satellite Navigation System with Europa 1 (V8) maps
Very good condition and has been removed from my T6 T32 2018......only 6 months old from new

Comes with all the stuff VW put on it and you can add app connect

Would like £500

Could arrange to meet or collection if you’d like it

Cheers
Hi mate is this still for sale?

He.

Darren.

Hi Darren

Yes it’s still for sale

Cheers

Hi mate, thanks for coming back to me.

Going to confirm VW install price then will come back to you. Can you confirm unit all working and functional?

Cheers,

D.

Hi Darren

Just to let you know that prior to it’s removal it was working okay .....

If you have any other questions just let me know....

Cheers

AFAIK VW won’t be able to install this, it is tied to the original van and cannot be transferred to a new vehicle with any normal process (it’s more complicated than standard component protection)

It is possible to get them into another vehicle but requires someone with a bit of expertise to modify the headunit to make it compatible, without any mods the stereo will retain basic functions but all media/Bluetooth functions will shutdown and you will be beyond the option of modifying it without it being returned to its original vehicle first to reset it and reenable original functionality

I would suggest proceeding wisely as I fear the dealership may have misadvised you !

Hi Pauly

Thanks for your input...As I understand from two different VW dealers (Warrington and Manchester ) it could be transferred too another vehicle ..However a word of caution to any buyer is do your homework first .
The main problem is that the T6 comes in many different configurations and depends on how deep your pockets are,and to what lengths you want to stay true by only fitting original parts(secondhand or new)
Unfortunately the first person you may speak to at VW is not necessarily the correct expert and as you have said it’s a bit more complicated as you would be modifying the vehicle to suit your needs, but and the end of the day no one has said it can’t be done and that’s part of the fun of VW vans (smiling in the face of adversity)

It’s good that members can help and pass on tips but I believe in candoo approach to life rather than can’t doo...

Many thanks

AFAIK VW won’t be able to install this, it is tied to the original van and cannot be transferred to a new vehicle with any normal process (it’s more complicated than standard component protection)

It is possible to get them into another vehicle but requires someone with a bit of expertise to modify the headunit to make it compatible, without any mods the stereo will retain basic functions but all media/Bluetooth functions will shutdown and you will be beyond the option of modifying it without it being returned to its original vehicle first to reset it and reenable original functionality

I would suggest proceeding wisely as I fear the dealership may have misadvised you !

Hm. That doesn't sound at all promising....

Hi Darren

I here your concerns.....but it’s your choice if it’s not for you,but the unit does a lot of things well and can be linked to all sorts but you wound need to modify your vehicle to intergrate it.the bottom line is speak to a good auto electrician either at VW or after market outfit

The unit was removed by the same people that did a conversion on my 2018 van and have many years of happy customers and as regarding the price it’s not about making money out of people it’s more about passing on something that others would get use out of and avoid paying high dealer prices ,however I understand to install the unit would have other costs to intergrate it and there is all ways room for negotiation
I would only sell it on if your totally happy.....but do your homework first

Cheers

Hi in my last t5 I fitted a 510 dab all the park assist worked and the Bluetooth no issues at all I cannot vouch for the satellite navigation as it didn’t have it but the head unit was out of a new vw beetle it worked perfectly in my t5.1 highline perfect

Hi Jay
The Older models seem to have been a lot more forgiving as far as letting you swop stuff around..just seems VW want more of our hard earned money to stop us using and passing on Good quality units.

:mexican wave:

I enquired at VW and Volksfit about this for my T6 and both came back saying they couldn’t help or it wouldn’t work.

Sure I've seen on you tube that Advance In Car in Poole can make this work !

Most retrofit places can install new ones that werent factory fitted into a different vehicle
Transferring it from another vehicle requires the headunit to be taken apart and a couple of modifications performed to stop it locking out when it senses its in the wrong van, there are two risks in doing this
Firstly you have to be sure that the unit has been removed and not touched ie never connected to another van (and already locked out) and not been powered up outside a vehicle as this eats into the inbuilt timer that is counting down the clock to reduced functionality, the other risk is in the modification itself as it requires a bit of twiddling with the circuit board inside so there is a slight risk of making a mistake or slipping with the soldering iron rendering the unit bin worthy
Its only worth taking these risks if you can be sure the unit is untouched and the price reflects the risk the buyer is taking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back