12v Battery Bank

bigcarpylew

Hi

New to the forum, hoping for a little bit of help with a 12v battery bank i'm planning on building.

My primary reason for buying a VW T6 was to go fishing in it, so i'm building some weird and wonderful bits to suit those needs, the latest bit of the build is to make a quick and easy 12v system, ideally portable as i may need to take it out of the van.

I'm looking at the following set up:

2 Lion Leisure Battery Type 677 - 70Ah
1 Premium Set Victron Smart Solar MPPT 75/15 Charge Controller
1 100w solar panel

I'm fairly confident with wiring the batteries in parallel and adding in the solar through the charge controller, my main concern is the rating of the charge controller, is a 75/15 appropriate, i've seen various different Victron controllers on here with various different ratings.

Hope someone can put me at ease as under a fairly tight schedule with a fishing trip to France planned in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance for any advice

the victron 75/15 will easily handle any 100W panel you have in mind.

The victron 75/15 means 75V max VOC from a solar panel & 15A max output/throughput in amps.

an example of a 100W panel would be :

100W VOC@23.9V ISC@5.25A 12V solar panels charging kits for caravans, motorhomes, boats, yachts, marine

some things to think about . . . .

you may need more solar panels ( maybe 200W worth - these can me mobile panels)

you may want to look at fitting a DC-DC charger to charge the battery bank via the alternator.

a bit more info over here >

Battery Chargers - How I Did It -
Which Jump Starter?
Lithium Lifepo4 12v Batteries - - - Time For An Upgrade ? - - -

What Solar Panel & Controller ?

Solar Panel Cutting Hole In Roof !!!

300w Solar Club -- How I Done It --
Dc-dc Charger (for Leisure Battery) -- How I Done It --
Mobile Solar Panels ? . . . - How I Did It -
Battery Monitoring -- How I Done It --

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

Now you see what we do here, come and join the VIP club:

VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

Thanks, that's great i'll take a good read, i've opted for a fairly basic setup now instead as i'm going this week, but looking to put a big battery bank with a decent solar setup in time for spring, thanks for the info

Back