907 bottle empty horror...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Just stood there waiting for the kettle to boil... It's 7:40 am... waited a bit more... Bollards, gas bottle has farted it's last!
Sooo any ideas where I can get a Camping Gaz 907 refill on the IOW on Easter Sunday... in all fairness given current world events I'm not expecting a "Speedy Boarders" resolution but the thought of Sushi instead of salmon burgers tonight is frankly quite troubling... could try warming them on top of the engines charge cooler?

Cheers chaps... not sure how we'll keep warm tonight without both gas rings blasting away...
Oh if only I had weighed the bottle first, checked why that toilet cubicle was empty, took two twenty pence coins for the shower.
Remember kids prior planning prevents this sort of suicide note!

Just stood there waiting for the kettle to boil... It's 7:40 am... waited a bit more... Bollards, gas bottle has farted it's last!
Sooo any ideas where I can get a Camping Gaz 907 refill on the IOW on Easter Sunday... in all fairness given current world events I'm not expecting a "Speedy Boarders" resolution but the thought of Sushi instead of salmon burgers tonight is frankly quite troubling... could try warming them on top of the engines charge cooler?
Any other campers around you? I’d be approaching them with a bottle of wine in one hand & the salmon burgers in the other. Just as a point of order, who eats salmon burgers ffs??o_O

I hear you brother Salty but I wrongly described the salmon fishcakes as burgers, served with slivers of carrot and cucumber bathed in balsamic vinegar they're spot on!
I think we need some artistic photo’s once you’ve served up. I think SWMBO would like the salmon burgers!

I hear you brother Salty but I wrongly described the salmon fishcakes as burgers, served with slivers of carrot and cucumber bathed in balsamic vinegar they're spot on!
Ahh! Now, “Salmon Fishcakes” I can go with. “Salmon Burgers” sounds like something Finbarr Saunders would come out with :whistle:

I've asked Mrs Stayfrosty and the salmon is shredded in a blender, coriander and Thai red paste added.
Formed into patty's and fried, I like them with a few scorch marks to form a slight crust, if I'm entirely honest I tend to over do the accompanying strips of carrot and cucumber in vinegar... all sweet and crunchy and a great foil to the salmon which would be a bit solid on its own.
I"m going to have to read all of Lee's threads and sever the dependence on farts stored in bottles!

Not normally but if I had the right sized plums I'd possibly try suggesting that... sadly as an ageing chauvinist pig I've always relied on third party life support so can't actually cook at all, it is to my shame as I actually enjoy sharing all that cooking bollocks you get in meet ups!

Back