What gas bottle is this for?

Dogleg T6er

VIP Member
Hi all. Just had a kitchen put in my van. My hob has this hose fitting attached. I was wondering what type bottle it's for. Campingaz type bottle the 907 maybe? I'm away from home next 3 weeks so can't check it out at a gas bottle shop, and going away in it when I get home so wanted to order a bottle. I have only used the calor gas in past and from memory looks a different hose.
Also, will this just screw straight to bottle?
Thanks. 1687577817314.png

That won’t fit a 907. You normally need a regulator after the bottle, or is there one further down the hose ?
Could you ask the person who fitted it ?

Pete

Permanently fixed hob? Should it not have hard pipe up to the hob from the gas locker? It does have a gas locker doesn't it? That looks like a left hand thread fixing with the notches on the outer faces.

The picture shows a butane pigtail that is normally used to connect between the cylinder and a locker mounted regulator. The connecting pipe work from the regulator in the locker to the hob is then usually made using rigid copper pipe.
Regards D

The picture shows a butane pigtail that is normally used to connect between the cylinder and a locker mounted regulator. The connecting pipe work from the regulator in the locker to the hob is then usually made using rigid copper pipe.
Regards D
Hi D. Yes that's correct. There's a reg in locker with rigid copper pipe going to hob. This pig tail is connected to reg and left inside gas locker. I've tried asking company but it's hard to get hold of them as I'm working over seas and on odd shifts.

The pig tail is designed to fit a 4.5kg or 7kg butane cylinder, it will NOT fit a smaller cylinder like the 907.
Regards D

Assuming that pigtail is in your gas locker it looks like a left hand thread nut to fit a std 907 gas bottle screw in isolating valve

Just another thing. Are you talking 4.5kg Campingaz connection. This pig tale is a female connection where as I think Calor bottle is female too so it would not fit Calor, unless I'm mistaken. Thanks.
It will fit calor butane cylinder (blue) 4.5 kg directly but will not fit calor propane (red) which is the female threaded cylinder. To use the smaller 900 type cylinders you will need the valve adaptor as mentioned by @Steved55 above.

And just to throw another spanner in the works, Calor have discontinued the 4.5kg butane bottles.
1692179012031.png

Back