Campervan Cooking - Backup facility

I have the large bottle, run it on coleman fuel. Half fill the bottle and I do about five weekends I reckon, tis loud but you can get a silencer from the states.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg My alternative too a jet boil, packs conveniently into the stainless mug , just have it slung under the seat for when I want a crafty coffee or shove it in the rucksack when out on a walk. MSR micro rocket and a gsi minimalist stainless vessel .
Obviously this is just for one !!

I think, for now at least, I have my backup solution in the form of the Cadac Power Pack. Loving all of the other options such as Jetboil (which I've been looking at for a while as something to take out on the boat) and the MSR products (which I'd not come across before) - probably don't need either now but one of them will probably make it onto my Christmas list!! Thanks all.

I have a MSR running off unleaded....sooty, and the petrol will rot seals, quite quickly in my experience- not fun when pressurising and having fuel spray everywhere! Now use the much quicker and cleaner JetBoil. Not as dramatic though

MSR Products are excellent and well made, only use gas so cant say I've experienced any issues, also own a wild woodgas stove that just uses bits of wood or pine cones etc,

Argh amateurs! :):whistle::whistle: I run a No12 on Kerry, as well as a Trangia multi fuel on the same stuff. Prime with Bio Ethanol. Works well, no soot and cheap as (ahem) chips! :thumbsup::whistle::whistle::p:p

Last edited:
Back