Work van Wednesday

Work van Wednesday in a working van space. How fantastic is it that the new Wickes in Leicester have dedicated bays, just for us paranoid 'van' owners that don't want carpark dents. Thanks for the consideration Wickes;)

20201124_094249.jpg

Work van Wednesday in a working van space. How fantastic is it that the new Wickes in Leicester have dedicated bays, just for us paranoid 'van' owners that don't want carpark dents. Thanks for the consideration Wickes;)

View attachment 92978
I'm only down the road from there, excellent idea but the only problem with that Wickes is Costco next door. I end up popping in for a quick look and coming out with a trolly full.

View attachment 92978
This is bloody awesome. Good old Wickes

I was actually asked to move the van off site, even though I was working in the showroom and wash bay, because it wasn't a Porsche.
That’s a disgrace! Have they got no idea about the Porsche/Volkswagen heritage!:cautious:

I was actually asked to move the van off site, even though I was working in the showroom and wash bay, because it wasn't a Porsche.
Funny that because when mine was in for some warranty work they gave me a Volvo. I suppose it’s one rule one and another for everyone else.

I loath car show rooms particularly ones like BMW and the like. They are so pretentious and full of pumped up self importance.:rolleyes::rofl:

I'm a day late with this one, but in my defence, I thought today was Wednesday until I saw the bin men.

Something a little different for the Tourershine team this week. An original Citroen H-van in apparently it's original factory colour. The customer spent months searching for a company that could enhance this original paint, without the need of a full re-spray, but obviously gave up searching and used us instead;)
This beauty was extremely oxidised, and in places it looked more White, than Yellow, plus the Blue sign writing on the side was hand painted and so weak, that rubbing your finger across it, removed the paint. Several hours of very careful machine polishing with what's basically a finished polishing head (very soft) and some very fine compounding, and this old lady came back to life. The customer got exactly what they wanted, a shiny finish with the original patina and to be fair, even we were impressed with the finished result.

20201130_095457.jpg20201127_120532-COLLAGE.jpg

Probably because it was showing up the porsches!!

I'm a day late with this one, but in my defence, I thought today was Wednesday until I saw the bin men.

Something a little different for the Tourershine team this week. An original Citroen H-van in apparently it's original factory colour. The customer spent months searching for a company that could enhance this original paint, without the need of a full re-spray, but obviously gave up searching and used us instead;)
This beauty was extremely oxidised, and in places it looked more White, than Yellow, plus the Blue sign writing on the side was hand painted and so weak, that rubbing your finger across it, removed the paint. Several hours of very careful machine polishing with what's basically a finished polishing head (very soft) and some very fine compounding, and this old lady came back to life. The customer got exactly what they wanted, a shiny finish with the original patina and to be fair, even we were impressed with the finished result.

View attachment 93875View attachment 93876
Patina.... what a great word! Like ‘distinguished’ on a grey haired gentleman!

Lovely job @Tourershine:thumbsup:

Back