Sliding door not opening then not locking - SOLVED!

AdL

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Had a few days when the passenger side sliding door would not open (on the handle) as if it was still okced (rest of the van was unlocked). Now the handle opens the door but the door does not lock when the rest of the van is locked. When shut the door indicates shut on the MFD and if you open it without unlocking the van the alarm goes off. So I think the electrics is working OK. So options -

1. Take it to VW and see if it is covered under the 2 year warranty if bought?
2. Open and lubricate as discussed on other threads?

I bought a door card with storage pockets for this side so need to take the carpeted panel off anyway. And the VW dealer is 15 miles away and likely to have the van for a day. So do you think I am best to try 2. first?

Thanks

Apparently there is a common issue requiring new actuator. just had mine replaced under all in warranty with no issue

the only problem you have is it needs to fault when you take it in especially if intermittent like mine was. Fortunately it did at the time

So - Caledonian Campers who converted my van put a screw for securing the curtains straight into the locking mechanism! As luck would have it it only just interfered with the lock so I guess they thought it was OK. Moved the screw to a more sensible position and hey presto the locks work again! Really no wonder they went out of business.20231228_113230.jpg

Last edited:
Back