Work van Wednesday

Is this allowed as my work van does feature in Crafter Corner! 12 hour round trip today to Swansea to pick up a new matching works van! (Last one written off by a careless driver before Christmas so had to get another quick. Only reason for needing to travel in lockdown conditions)
I did set a off middle of the night Wednesday so just about WVW!

F9CA4948-C7F6-4E99-9334-8C0EA62E1DD4.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_2510.jpg

Took the van up to Wakefield for some onsite work. This is me parked in a quiet spot enjoying a spot of lunch (a hot cuppa and a sandwhich!)

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

In desperate need of a wash... Also i need my wheels refurbishing. Anyone got any recomendations?

More rubble from a renter refurb.... the 22 year hoarder tenant.... Now gone all in and taking walls down. Peasy dumping with my trusty tipper trailer.....

WVW1 2021.jpg

WV2 2021.jpg

Ex-local authority house, built in the 1960s. The upstairs internal walls are built with 2" thermal blocks on a 2 X 2 batten across the floor! No supporting walls below! I guess that's just how they used to do things.

Internal shed downstairs that took away part of the lounge. Ugh. Decided to make the lounge bigger. Now awaiting the steel.

hh.jpg

Quick change now back at home now, as van going in for warranty work in the dying days of the warranty.... Rattling from cold - suspect DMF, oil leaks front and rear mains. Rear mains probably the bolt sealing issue, front pulley oil seal I see from other threads is not an unknown issue.... Hopefully I don't suffer same fate as @flyingging over in the Engines section......

Stealers have already been on the phone.... "We have to tell you sir, you're due brake fluid change, A/C service and inspection.... would you like us to fleece you during the visit sir? We can't even offer you a coffee at the moment though"

I always say when they talk about A/C service that I can't see it mentioned in the service book anywhere, and are they sure, or could they show me ?

Like I'm going to pay them £80 to not to change the oil, or £120 to half change the brake fluid either.

Last edited:
More importantly where were you disposing of your rubble? My local authority tip wont allow vans onsite! Event VW Transporters!!

I have to put my trailer on my family car - i do like that tipping action.

More importantly where were you disposing of your rubble? My local authority tip wont allow vans onsite! Event VW Transporters!!

I have to pay to tip at a commercial site. I have a Waste Carriers Licence, they won't let you tip without..... Waste transfer notes and all that malarky....

1280KGs tipped....... at £20 per tonne, so only £30 inc VAT

General mixed crapola is £170/tonne to tip though....:(

My thought exactly both about where and nice tipper! If I go to my local tip I need a retina scan, dna sample and proof of ancestry!

Still WVW....

My van now at the stealers, no loaner.... having to press the Porker into commercial service.....

20210120_213209_resized.jpg

In other news, the steel is in.....

20210120_131130_resized.jpg

We were all going to go for a couple of pints after lifting this monster in by hand..... but oh...... :oops: :oops:

Back