Work van Wednesday

Lucky Man!
Im 55 now and starting to feel the burn!
Doing a bathroom on my own. Full rip out, rewire for spots and fan. Board the ceiling on my own. Plastering today and tomorrow so it can dry over the weekend so I can then paint, fit suite, tile etc….
Would love a job like yours now sparky!!

Im 55 now and starting to feel the burn!
Probably worthy of a separate thread, but this is going to become increasingly problematic for a lot of people who rely on their strength, flexibility and stamina to do their job. Not wanting to depress you, but you're still 11/12 years off state pension age and, in the not too distant future, retirement age will be increased to 70+. :(

Probably worthy of a separate thread, but this is going to become increasingly problematic for a lot of people who rely on their strength, flexibility and stamina to do their job. Not wanting to depress you, but you're still 11/12 years off state pension age and, in the not too distant future, retirement age will be increased to 70+. :(
Tricky one that…If I put the money into a private pension I wouldn’t be able to have an under seat sub woofer :thumbsdown:

I’m lucky to have a big house that I can sell as that’s my pension. Sell up and get something in Normandy for a fraction of the price like my mate has just done. Plus my mum and 94 year old Nan are still alive and I’m waiting on my inheritance :fast rofl:

Does that signal the end of your T6.1 ownership? :cry:
I don’t know tbh. It’s been sitting on the drive since the end of Jan as I get the train/bus which stops near enough directly outside the site.

Good Luck in the new role! I came off the tools a year ago, pleased i did but I do have times of missing it!
I have a couple of times, and also the banter I miss now I’m “one of them”.

Back