Work van Wednesday

It is a Jet Rack. It fitted nicely in the Transporter, certainly easier than the ones I fitted in our Transit Connects. I bought their universal mounting kit which has captive nuts for the unistrut to screw into. I took out the roof panel, used a laser level to line the plates up on each crossmember, and marked where the crossmembers were with tape.

View attachment 224493

I then refitted the roof panel and used the tape and laser line to mark where the captive nuts were on the panel. That way I could take the roof panel out again, put a 20mm hole saw through on the marks. Fingers crossed, the holes line up with the captive nuts, and you can then refit the roof panel and then fit the unistrut afterwards. I also trimmed some of the trims that go in between the roof panels to accomodate the unistrut.

View attachment 224495

View attachment 224494
Spot on that! I’ll be referring back to this once I’ve bought one :laugh:

Used to have two shallow strut 'Trapeze’ hangers in my old Vivaro that worked a treat for storing my steps, but always wanted the proper Jet Rack. Thanks for the detailed reply mate :thumbsup:

No worries, I've fitted a few now but I remember the first time I fitted one I thought it was a real PITA and a lot of F'ing and Jeff'ing. If you need any more photos or whatever then I can take some, but I'm not wrestling the roof panel out again, sorry!

Something worth noting is that all the fittings are imperial and so if you lose any fixings you will need to find somewhere that sells imperial. We lost one of the nuts off the back of the hanger once, luckily one of our customers is a fastener company and let me pocket a replacement!

Edit: Oh and definitely lube up your length :slow rofl:using some white lithium grease, transforms the operation of it.

No worries, I've fitted a few now but I remember the first time I fitted one I thought it was a real PITA and a lot of F'ing and Jeff'ing. If you need any more photos or whatever then I can take some, but I'm not wrestling the roof panel out again, sorry!

Something worth noting is that all the fittings are imperial and so if you lose any fixings you will need to find somewhere that sells imperial. We lost one of the nuts off the back of the hanger once, luckily one of our customers is a fastener company and let me pocket a replacement!

Edit: Oh and definitely lube up your length :slow rofl:using some white lithium grease, transforms the operation of it.
Haha I will do thanks again mate. Really appreciated!

I’ve got a couple of magnetic dishes that I use when stripping down boilers that are dead handy so I’ll make sure I use one to keep track of the fixings :thumbsup:

VWV - London.

went here . .

1704788871810.png
1704788896942.png

done that . . . .

1704788919527.png

went to this other place. . . that was cold and rainy,

1704788965185.png1704788980937.png

also went here for a while. . .

the great this about silver is - the van hasn't been washed for over 6months, its filthy. but still looks tidy.

1704789055404.png1704789067388.png

to do some of this. . .

1704789139270.png

1704789187746.png

Back