Work van Wednesday

All to do with the world using a lot less paper over lockdown apparently. :rolleyes:
I assumed it was because millions of people spent last summer sitting in their gardens drinking their furlough money and realised how crap they were so they all wanted new fences / decking / sheds etc, demand for timber outstripped supply, prices rose accordingly.
I don't think most offices use much paper since they got those darned computer things, they store information on floppy discs nowadays instead. :laugh:

I assumed it was because millions of people spent last summer sitting in their gardens drinking their furlough money and realised how crap they were so they all wanted new fences / decking / sheds etc, demand for timber outstripped supply, prices rose accordingly.
I don't think most offices use much paper since they got those darned computer things, they store information on floppy discs nowadays instead. :laugh:
What’s a floppy disc?!!

Had a tenant that wanted to fit a EV charge point, which then necessitated a new DB and company fuse upgrade.... The firm turned up in a nice 21 plate 6.1, and a T6 rental.

T6 party........ :D

van pty1.jpg

They'd only had it two weeks, the Indium Grey one, and had a break in that's just been mentioned in the previous posts. I'd never heard of this method of break-in before.

pty222.png

Made a mess of the side door......

pty2.png

That's how they used to get into Mk1 Golfs 40 years ago, which is why so may had retro fitted armoured door plates. Mostly to cover up the damage. You'd have thought Volkswagen would have come up with a better way of protecting the handle from being pried by now.

That's how they used to get into Mk1 Golfs 40 years ago, which is why so may had retro fitted armoured door plates. Mostly to cover up the damage. You'd have thought Volkswagen would have come up with a better way of protecting the handle from being pried by now.
The plates cover the damage but do nothing for protection. I won`t say on here, but maybe slow them down by a second or two.
The security locks sometimes save the day, but not always. It saved my tools, but cost me a panel.

1621600700823.png

1621600759310.png

Arse. Scraped my rear alloy. Had these refurbed a couple of years ago, and I've managed to keep them mint until now. They are slightly ridiculous 10X20s on the rear. I'm normally so careful. My wife on the other hand is on first name terms with the local wheel refurb company. :grin bounce:

wheel damage.jpg

My van was attacked just like that before I bought it from VW. Got to say they did an excellent repair/replacement.

Back