Work van Wednesday

look really smart, looks great with the indium grey van. I have the same colour van and claytons (for the time being) and actually think they look better dirty as they look more gun metal.
Funny I thought the same, lots of brake dust = a cooler looking wheel.

WVW. No T6 content.

:oops: My T6 is still in at the stealers for front and rear mains oil leaks and DMF replacement, luckily all under warranty. This had been rebooked from January as at that time they were busy and had no bits/loaners/staff etc. This time they lent me a Caddy DSG, despite saying I'd get a 6.1. Not terribly practical for a Jewsons run. I was also looking forwards to a few days in a 6.1 too....

loaner van.jpg

It's awful! It drives like cars/vans did 20 years ago! Poorly matched 6 speed DSG and laggy motor. I'm generally impressed with my T6 DSG, and regularly see the discussions on remapping the T6 DSG. I do slightly struggle to understand how much better a 'box remap might make a T6 DSG box though. However, if there was ever a 'box that did need a remap it's the one in this Caddy. It drives like a Cortina auto. Very sluggish, can't decide on a gear, etc.

A previous recipient clearly came to a similar conclusion....

loaner van bluetooth.jpg

The only minor silver lining was fuel consumption. Obvs the fastest vehicle being a loaner/renter, I drove like I stole it. Despite an overnight trip up to Docklands, 300 mile round trip, as much as possible at licence compromising speeds, often into 3 figures, overall it did early 40's to the gallon. Still can't wait to give it back.

Back