Work van Wednesday

I have had 8x4s on the platform but did need to nudge the front seats forward a bit. I looked at the ovano as well. Any point load on ply alone will definitely bend. I was after a 75kg point load (me) and did tests across a 1.2m span. 1”x1” ali box clamped to 18mm poplar still deflected 5mm or so... or maybe I should weigh myself You could edge it in a 43mm piece of ply and tuck in the box section behind it? The drawer really is nice.

I have had 8x4s on the platform but did need to nudge the front seats forward a bit. I looked at the ovano as well. Any point load on ply alone will definitely bend. I was after a 75kg point load (me) and did tests across a 1.2m span. 1”x1” ali box clamped to 18mm poplar still deflected 5mm or so... or maybe I should weigh myself You could edge it in a 43mm piece of ply and tuck in the box section behind it? The drawer really is nice.
Mine will have a bulkhead, I had a tailgate on my T4 I had before the T5 and I seem to remember you could shut the tailgate but not fully with 8x4s

its . . .

Work
Van
Wednesday . . .

Covid Approved Touch free exit buttons and another Loading bay!!

View attachment 71790View attachment 71791View attachment 71792View attachment 71793View attachment 71795

I've never ever seen anything like these until yesterday. I thought what a great product when I saw one, so took a photo obvs, meaning to follow up at some point....... then you post them. It is the future.....

door opener.jpg

A wave of the hand, or even close enough flick of the bird and the door opens.........:cool:

I've never ever seen anything like these until yesterday. I thought what a great product when I saw one, so took a photo obvs, meaning to follow up at some point....... then you post them. It is the future.....

View attachment 71847

A wave of the hand, or even close enough flick of the bird and the door opens.........:cool:
Yes. They have been around for a few years but are more expensive than just a press switch so only used in certain places..

Were now fitting similar tech in the ceiling above the door so it unlocks automatically when you walk up to it. ( shop door opener style ) . .

Ironically the week I've started working again my T6 has finally gone back to VW for the outstanding warranty work.
All the usual stuff, pulling to the left, heated windscreen, stop/start errors, engine management light, cutting out at low speeds, etc. In fact the only thing I can't list is any Adblue errors....
And they've given me a loan vehicle, this is definitely a work van. Poverty spec White Startline.
Not looking forward to driving this for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes:

6411A8CB-6613-4CEF-9AD1-4C4389DF94BE.jpeg
973AB2C3-F41E-4248-AD18-F26460207634.jpeg

Ironically the week I've started working again my T6 has finally gone back to VW for the outstanding warranty work.
All the usual stuff, pulling to the left, heated windscreen, stop/start errors, engine management light, cutting out at low speeds, etc. In fact the only thing I can't list is any Adblue errors....
And they've given me a loan vehicle, this is definitely a work van. Poverty spec White Startline.
Not looking forward to driving this for the foreseeable future. :rolleyes:

View attachment 71944
View attachment 71945
at least its got seat covers . . . shame there are no mats.

The seat covers are slippery and move about and the steering wheel and seat won’t adjust enough for me to get comfortable. :laugh:
And I’ve just received a phone call to say my van is ready for collection.
“OK, thanks. That was quick, the windscreen and all the other work finished?”
“The overdue service and oil change has been done. What other work?”
“The warranty work that was stated on the booking e-mail you sent me. That is why the van was booked in with you, for you to carry out the approved warranty work...”
I’m sorry Mr Bennett, there is no warranty work authorised on your job sheet. Just the service and oil change.”
“OK, is it possible to speak with the Service or Commercial Vehicle Manager please?”
“I’m sorry Mr Bennett, there are no Managers in at present. Would you like to book in for the warranty work?
Can I also ask you to bring your payment card with you when you collect your vehicle as there’s a £19.95 charge for the courtesy vehicle.”

:oops:

The seat covers are slippery and move about and the steering wheel and seat won’t adjust enough for me to get comfortable. :laugh:
And I’ve just received a phone call to say my van is ready for collection.
“OK, thanks. That was quick, the windscreen and all the other work finished?”
“The overdue service and oil change has been done. What other work?”
“The warranty work that was stated on the booking e-mail you sent me. That is why the van was booked in with you, for you to carry out the approved warranty work...”
I’m sorry Mr Bennett, there is no warranty work authorised on your job sheet. Just the service and oil change.”
“OK, is it possible to speak with the Service or Commercial Vehicle Manager please?”
“I’m sorry Mr Bennett, there are no Managers in at present. Would you like to book in for the warranty work?
Can I also ask you to bring your payment card with you when you collect your vehicle as there’s a £19.95 charge for the courtesy vehicle.”

:oops:
Lol..... oh dear.....

That's going too well then.?

Oh boy. No managers available? I’ve been having warranty work done at my local dealership no problem and I’m sure the service manager is in. Just no sales people. Maybe time to raise a case with VWCS if no joy...

I picked my van back up yesterday afternoon, and there were no managers present. So I've e-mailed Bristol Heritage, Heritage head office and VWUK.
I can't book again in for the warranty work to be carried out because the windscreen fitters and the 4 wheel alignment people aren't working at present, so they will contact me when an appointment is available.
Looks like I need to find a reputable independent dealer near me.

Funnily enough it’s Bristol
Heritage that’s just done warranty Work on my van. I kNow they’re running a skeleton staff but maybe I was lucky on the work that needed doing. Sounds strange though. Even weirder is that they told me no courtesy vehicles available!
I don’t know about windscreens but they changed both my sliding windows as well as wish bone bushings. Next week they’re dropping the gear box to look at the dmf as some issues are still in resolved.
Phone head of aftersales direct on 01172033378. Her name is Karen Parker. I’ve spoken to her. Perhaps she’s working from home. Her e mail is Karen.parker@ha-limited.co.uk
If you’re still not getting any joy phone vwcv customer services. They have some clout. First thing they’ll do is try and sort it by talking to relevant manager or they may raise a case straight away. I mean, if you got an engine management light on surely that needs immediate attention, no? Or get Vw assist to come out and see what it means.

The trouble is that the stop/start errors, cutting out and engine management light issues are random. I've sent them the videos I took when the issues occur but can't recreate them.
The windscreen and alignment were already approved, but Heritage use third parties for this work apparently.
As I said in a previous post I've sent e-mails to the relevant persons, just waiting for replies.

The trouble is that the stop/start errors, cutting out and engine management light issues are random. I've sent them the videos I took when the issues occur but can't recreate them.
The windscreen and alignment were already approved, but Heritage use third parties for this work apparently.
As I said in a previous post I've sent e-mails to the relevant persons, just waiting for replies.

without butting in on your post, i have had exactly the same issue

happened after me removing airbox etc to change headlight bulbs

kept getting start stop error, then engine management light, etc , and cutting out / low power mode etc

had to pull over, turn off engine for 5 minutes and lock van
back in , start up n drive

was only intermittent and could not get to replicate until i was on a bumpy surface / track or site

turned out it was the connector on the air filter housing thing was not 100% pushed and clicked into place, and when on the rough would wobble and cause the issues
when back on the flat after a restart, no problems
when our local independant connected his laptop up to it , it was showing fault on air intake side of things,

unplugged connector, cleaned up and pushed back together till it clicked

that was a month ago, and touch wood, been fine since

WVW. All the day job tech projects are on hold. The ones we could complete are all done.

Inspired by @Bodyboarder81 and his work, I've been clearing a part of my garden I've never ever been to. One of the loads of roots, trunks etc..

wvw55.jpg

Fun with pulling out massive roots with a mahoosive winch and a couple of snatchblocks....

wvw555.jpg

Timberwolf on hire tomorrow to get through the rest... :)

Back