Work van Wednesday

I have been backwards and forwards to the UAE for the past few weeks, desperately trying to finish a project. All done, got out last week, back home now. There was about 30 people in total on the A380 out of DXB back to Heathrow. See the view from my seat as the hosties give there safety demo to about 5 of us.....

empty plane.jpg

Again, nothing actually to do with T6s, but here's the structured cabling done by the local contractors with Filipino guys being paid a pittance. Beautiful layout and installation end to end.

cabling 1.jpg

What were you installing? Looking fairly high on that pic.

(Didn’t mean to add the text to the quote in previous post )

What were you installing? Looking fairly high on that pic.

(Didn’t mean to add the text to the quote in previous post )

Yes, very high.

Running in some cat6 cables on high level tray work for cctv.

About 19m up on a huge sisscorlift.

Thing is the cameras are mounted on a 2m drop pole off the bottom of the tray work.... they need to cover the 6 story forklift pallet storage racking.

Yes, very high.

Running in some cat6 cables on high level tray work for cctv.

About 19m up on a huge sisscorlift.

Thing is the cameras are mounted on a 2m drop pole off the bottom of the tray work.... they need to cover the 6 story forklift pallet storage racking.
Nice one, I also install Cctv/intruder etc.... nice to see you fitting network cameras, I always fit them. Still see installers fitting analogue cameras and no idea about IP systems.

So that's how those posts come down ! A portable winch. One of those lifelong niggling questions answered. Now I look closely I can see the welded on fittings. Who knew. Not me. :thumbsup:

Me neither. I just assumed they were lowered by hand, and thought the bottom had some kind of counterweight so a person could drop them and lift back up after changing the bulb. More lessons learnt in T6F by the teacher @Dellmassive

One of the chaps who used to work for me assumed the same. Cost me about £2k in total in replacement and repair costs.

Me neither. I just assumed they were lowered by hand, and thought the bottom had some kind of counterweight so a person could drop them and lift back up after changing the bulb. More lessons learnt in T6F by the teacher @Dellmassive

This is exactly how I thought they worked too.... Every day is a school day. Except for my children for the foreseeable.

One of the chaps who used to work for me assumed the same. Cost me about £2k in total in replacement and repair costs.

You can't leave it at that..... What were the details, did he just undo the bolt and it fell over ? :eek:

Many years ago I was working with a lad who slotted the winch on, connected the cable and then unbolted the post, unfortunately he connected the cable to the wrong part and the post came down at some pace. Camera and IR lamps in bits, I still remind him of this incident when we meet up occasionally.

Back