Work van Wednesday

6DE88DB0-6F73-4FB2-B905-742BA4CC9C4C.jpeg
I like that. I've been mentally designing something like that for my new van. Did you buy it or is that self made?

I made it myself. All the frame I bought online from KJN Aluminium Profiles. You can get it cut to size, then with a little bit of drilling it mostly just self-taps together. The drawer hinges I got from GSF Promounts - they do all the gear for fire and emergency vehicles. Not cheap, but I’ll be able to take it out and use in future vans.

View attachment 14231

I made it myself. All the frame I bought online from KJN Aluminium Profiles. You can get it cut to size, then with a little bit of drilling it mostly just self-taps together. The drawer hinges I got from GSF Promounts - they do all the gear for fire and emergency vehicles. Not cheap, but I’ll be able to take it out and use in future vans.
You don't worry about the weight then. all that lot will weigh a bit even if it is Alum profile. Use the stuff at work.

The racking is actually surprisingly light but I've increased the load with all my gear and plumbing fittings and it doesn't drive any different and performance is still really good (150 T30 Euro 6)

I am liking these work vans. I had my fwd pv plugging through some deep mud today and didn't get stuck once. The capability of a fwd van off-road is still pretty good. Annoyingly i didnt get any photos.

Back