Wolfrace Wheels ... reliability?

Stephen Hover

T6 Pro
Hi, has anyone had any problems with their Wolfrace wheels.
Mine were changed under warranty 18m ago and the replacements are now going. The black finish showing white marks. I have deliberately avoided using products but this has not made any difference. Wolfrace have offered replacements at a small discount but am reluctant to purchase another set and may look to consider an alternative. Any suggestions for my Indium Grey T6. Thanks.

I have had gloss black assassins on for about a month. Nothing yet but have I got these issue to look forward to?

As Deaky says.
The diamond cut wheels have a clear coat on the face that chips really easy. Water gets in and makes its way like a little worm burrowing.
I've had three sets of diamond cut wheels on various cars and all suffered within a year.
Powder coating is the way forward.

This is why I went for the black version (well that and they look awesome ;)).

@Stephen Hover are yours diamond cut? There are a few threads on here with people having issues with those wolf race wheels. I remember reading about people having issues with wolf race honouring the guarantee too so sounds like you did ok first time round.

I had diamond cut and the lacquer failed - Wolfrace replaced them with gloss black (powder coated) and they're spot on (but a pain in the arse to keep clean!!) I like Wolfrace but wouldn't buy any diamond cut wheels again.

ps. Also have genuine BMW diamond cut on the wife's X5 - they've been replaced twice due to corrosion (same as Wolfrace)

Mine were changed under warranty 18m ago and the replacements are now going. The black finish showing white marks. I have deliberately avoided using products but this has not made any difference. Wolfrace have offered replacements at a small discount but am reluctant to purchase another set and may look to consider an alternative. Any suggestions for my Indium Grey T6. Thanks.

I had a set of Wolfrace Entourage on a previous van, and they did exactly the same, so I just ditched the diamond cut and powder coated the whole wheel, no more problems.
I've said many times, diamond cut rarely lasts in this country. I love the look of this style of finish, and had several sets, including an imported set of Savini wheels that cost a fortune, but lasted no longer than any of my others. My Motorhome had a set of genuine Fiat wheels that were also diamond cut, and these did last a lot longer than the aftermarket ones, but still they White wormed eventually and are all full Black now.
Don't bother with replacements, drop the wheels into a local powder coating company and pick a suitable colour. You should be paying £40-£60 a wheel and they will last much much longer.

Tourershine advice seems the perfect solution. You’ll get a set of essentially new wheels for £240 max. Sounds like a bargain!

Hi, i have Black polished on mine. completely de laminated within a year. just had them resprayed and company who did them said the reacted very badly. They had to repaint three times. No warranty as outwith a year :-(

Hi everyone, I wanted to purchase some 18” alloy wheels and are considering buying Wolfrace.

However, I’ve heard some negative reviews about corrosion appearing quite quickly.

What do you guys think? Can anyone recommend them, or should I be looking at other brands?

Thanks.

Nick

Hi everyone, I wanted to purchase some 18” alloy wheels and are considering buying Wolfrace.

However, I’ve heard some negative reviews about corrosion appearing quite quickly.

What do you guys think? Can anyone recommend them, or should I be looking at other brands?

Thanks.

Nick
The corrosion you're referring to is likely to be on a polished/machined finish wheel rather than corrosion of the wheel itself. This isn't an issue limited to wolfrace, many OEM wheels suffer similar problems. If you're looking at machined/polished rims then the risk is there regardless of manufacturer, but Wheelrace themselves are a reputable brand and offer some good value wheelsets.

I have gloss all black 19” assassins and I’m very happy with them. If I had the choice I would have got satin black instead of gloss but very happy with them, had them for 9 months now and they look nearly as good as new

I’ve had wolf race alloys (2 sets) 18” since jan 2018. I’ve had mine refinished last year not long after I had the car cleaned by someone and then the laquer all bubbled up. Not sure if being clean made me notice or it was a result of the cleaning. No rust or similar though.

Thanks for your replies - I might be better not going for a polished finish then.

I do like the look of the Wolfrace Assassin’s but does anyone have any recommendations for other wheel manufacturers to look at.

Back