Wolfrace Wheels ... reliability?

20170913_161950.jpg
I ran these assassin GT's for 13 months then they just self destructed with wheel worm.
I got them powder coated and sold them on to a mate whose still running them 2 years on with no problems

Having had many years experience with alloys on my cars, I find it very much depends on how well they’re looked after. I used to religiously clean the car every week and remove the wheels to clean them properly. Nowadays, a change in living arrangements and I have been very lax about cleaning the car in general and, as a result, the alloys have suffered. Fortunately the cars don’t belong to me so I‘m not that concerned. When I get the new camper next year it’ll be owned outright so I’m hoping to be more caring.

In the end I decided to go with brand new Devonports with Bridgestone tyres. Hopefully they will look good for a long time.

I've bought a set of Wolfrace assassins, brand new direct from Wolfrace, I'm pretty disappointed to find that all of them have some degree of swirling and two of them are physically damaged (I've got pics if anyone's really interested). I see a lot of forum members with Wolfrace wheels, have I just been unlucky or has anyone else noticed a recent drop in quality from Wolfrace?

Nb as things stand, I've asked Wolfrace to pick them up and issue a refund, but I really like these wheels and I have new tyres for them arriving tomorrow, so someone might convince me to give them another chance....

Thanks.

Ps topic's been moved to @Stephen Hover 's thread, apologies to Stephen if I appear to be trying to hijack your topic....

Last edited:
I've bought a set of Wolfrace assassins, brand new direct from Wolfrace, I'm pretty disappointed to find that all of them have some degree of swirling and two of them are physically damaged (I've got pics if anyone's really interested). I see a lot of forum members with Wolfrace wheels, have I just been unlucky or has anyone else noticed a recent drop in quality from Wolfrace?

Nb as things stand, I've asked Wolfrace to pick them up and issue a refund, but I really like these wheels and I have new tyres for them arriving tomorrow, so someone might convince me to give them another chance....

Thanks.

I had a set of Wolfrace Assassin a few years ago. I was very disappointed with the quality of finish and complained to Wolfrace, who exchanged 2 of them for me. Their service was pretty good, but the finishes on some of the wheels isn't great considering you can get a fantastic finish from a very basic powder coating. The issue with mine were the barrels looked like they'd been painted with a rattle can from 6ft away. The finish was so rough and transparent, it ruined the wheel. I gave up in the end and had them powder coated at my expense, which was a much better more consistent finish.
I understand you like the style of wheel, but there are far better out there for the same price.

Hi all

I’m thinking about getting a set of 18inch Wolfrace Dortmund’s in Matt Black. I’ve read some negative posts about peeling. Does anyone have any experience.

thanks a lot
Mike

754EEA0C-F583-4191-931D-14356DD9C40E.jpeg

I think that might apply to diamond-cut wheels. I've got gloss black Wolfrace winter wheels and they've been spot on....they were a warranty replacement for diamond finish ones that suffered the classic failure that seems to affect this finish.

That’s a nice looking wheel, I’ve also read that Wolfrace are unsympathetic towards, talk to Rimstyle and see what they think?

Hi all

I’m thinking about getting a set of 18inch Wolfrace Dortmund’s in Matt Black. I’ve read some negative posts about peeling. Does anyone have any experience.

thanks a lot
Mike

View attachment 99319
NICE LOOKING WHEEL MATE. Did you get these on your van. If so any photos please. Interested. They look like a nice gunmetal colour

Just ordered a set of the Wolfsburg Gloss Black Polished with a set of Bridgestone 255/45/18 Potenza Sport tyres - will post a pic up as soon as they are fitted but it wont be till the end of next week due to us being away :thumbsup:

Back