HI all.
A nice Yodel driver smashed off my drivers side wing mirror yesterday while my van was parked outside my house . obviously he did not stop or leave details but unlicky for him I have CCTV.
could anyone tell me the part number for the aliminum bracket that is inside the housing pleaes as this seems to be the only bit broken.

Thanks
B
This bit? I think Travelin-Lite Transporters sell them.

Hi, does anyone know if the wing mirror covers off eBay for £25 fit ok as I’m sure I seen something that a clip doesn’t line up on them ?

I know this has been posted before but some old links to eBay items no longer work.

An idiot with a caravan strayed from his side of the road and completely smashed my wing mirror (didn't stop either).

My local VW garage have quoted £540 plus VAT which I can't really afford right now. I'd also happily fit the mirror myself.

Had anyone had succes with aftermarket mirrors (such as Outside Mirror VAN WEZEL 5791806 Right, Complete Mirror, Convex, for electric mirror adjustment, Heatable, with antenna, Black buy cheap online) or been able to find genuine ones cheaper?

Thanks on advance.

20200805_185232.jpg

Oh dear,
Had a bit of a disagreement with a Range Rover on the Devon back roads today. My wing mirror came off 2nd best. Ended up at a jaunty angle with everything hanging off.
Here’s the thing. I re-assembled everything at the road side clipping everything in place including the glass, and everything is working (pan and tilt) but....
Compared to the nearside mirror it feels a bit ‘loose’ and ‘creaky’. So is there some clip/housing broken inside that is common following a ‘narrow road collision’ or do I need to replace the entire unit?

If you do replace, go for genuine. I used an aftermarket on on my Velle and it wobbled so much you couldn't see out of it properly.

If you do replace, go for genuine. I used an aftermarket on on my Velle and it wobbled so much you couldn't see out of it properly.
Thanks, I’m guessing that I’m not going to get much change out of £400 for a genuine VW unit?

My van and wing mirror parted company today... help! We are on holiday and found a friendly local garage who removed the mirror so it wasn’t hanging on the side of the van.

can someone help as to what I need to order? Is it best to just get a complete set from VW and get it installed? It’s skylight blue in colour

anyone care to give a rough cost estimate. Highline T6 heated but not power folding

thanks

EC8AE449-B832-43C8-938E-2F258DFCE76D.jpeg77109BA7-207E-4FC2-B030-769CA53137CA.jpeg

My van and wing mirror parted company today... help! We are on holiday and found a friendly local garage who removed the mirror so it wasn’t hanging on the side of the van.

can someone help as to what I need to order? Is it best to just get a complete set from VW and get it installed? It’s skylight blue in colour

anyone care to give a rough cost estimate. Highline T6 heated but not power folding

thanks

View attachment 81144View attachment 81145
I had some nice driver knock mine off its all the same as yours .I've just text the mechanic that fixed it. he said its the VW T5 T6Amarok Transporter Wing mirror Bracket Gear Bearing Inner Bush. .they are l/r hand.
It took him about half and hour to do it.
He bought it online.
If you send me your email or whats app I will send you a picture.
good luck.

I had some nice driver knock mine off its all the same as yours .I've just text the mechanic that fixed it. he said its the VW T5 T6Amarok Transporter Wing mirror Bracket Gear Bearing Inner Bush. .they are l/r hand.
It took him about half and hour to do it.
He bought it online.
If you send me your email or whats app I will send you a picture.
good luck.

wing mirror bracket.jpg

The garage didn't do you any favours there! they cut your mirror wiring and the arial wire, you are now either going to have to repair or replace both fo them as well as replace the bracket. It would have taken a professional 10/215 mins to take the door card off and disconnect the plugs to the mirror and save you a lot of hassle.

Was going to start a new thread but just found this one, I'm after a little help....

My mirror is hanging off (well it was its held on with gaffer tape at the minute :whistle:).

It has broke the aluminium casting as below and left just the 3 torx screws in (stole these pics off here);

Screenshot_20200825-094247_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200825-094807_Samsung Internet.jpg

1. So if I order the repair part above that will fix it?

2. The plugs are contained within the door card then too? Can't see anything on the mirror and hence why it is gaffer taped on at the minute (I'm away on hols so don't have any tools).

3. Also the upper cap/plastic moulding (that is colour coded to the body) has gone, where's best to source one of these, mine are/were gloss black so don't mind if I can get a pair of ready painted gloss black ones?

Cheers.

I feel your pain. Just had the exact same thing happen with our van 10 days after getting it! They didn't stop either.

Found these as well ... not sure who the manufacturer is though.

I just ordered the metal bracket off of ebay for about 10quid and replaced it. I did look into replacing for electric ones but for now I thought a 10 quid fix was the better option.

Hi, first time posting on the forum, need some advice if possible please.
Had my wing mirror smashed a couple of weeks back, looking to repair it, but not sure what I need to order, hoping a complete unit is not required, and just the glass, top and bottom cover will be needed.
It still folds in ok, and can hear the motor trying to move the mirror.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

IMG_9308.JPG

IMG_9309.JPG

IMG_9310.JPG

IMG_9311.JPG

IMG_9312.JPG

Are T6 and T6.1 mirrors the same?
I have heard that the electrics are different.
I have a 2016 T6 Highline without auto folding mirrors.
Need a replacement for the drivers side following an incident with a delivery van! Not

I have undertaken further investigations and found the following:
T5 mirrors have different shaped plastics on the body, below the mirror itself. T6 is flat. T5 is stepped.
T6.1 mirrors no longer include the radio aerial. It is now on the roof. Plastics are the same.

Back