Quoted £270 by local VW dealer for replacement off side mirror plus £100 fitting for my 2016 Highline T6 to include painted top cover.
Took a punt on some new T6.1 Startline units on ebay. Off a new van from a conversion company. Presumably fitting auto fold mirrors as part of build.
All plugs are correct.
Just need some pretty stick on covers now.
Very pleased.16029486143707855154528188283803.jpg16029486143707855154528188283803.jpg16029486707751098022030120752458.jpg
Replaced both (other was already damaged when I bought the T6) for rather less than 1x new from VW.
Just make sure that you have some replacement door card clips as some will inevitability break taking off the door cards.

Does anyone have the power folding mirror schematic diagram with all the part numbers for the driver’s side mirror please?

cheers @Deaky . I've used this site before but I can't seem to drill down to the specific power folding driver side mirror. Any ideas please?

Can anyone confirm the main mirror body part number for the driver's power folding door mirror please? 7E2 857 383 ER H6Z ?

mirror.jpg

Last edited:
HI All - I am trying to rebuild my wing mirror too however I need to replace the main support. I've attempted to remove the main mirror assembly from the door and route cables out through door but how are they then pulled through the support 'gear' (metal bit) that has broken. I have digital antenna, heated and powered mirror.

HI All - I am trying to rebuild my wing mirror too however I need to replace the main support. I've attempted to remove the main mirror assembly from the door and route cables out through door but how are they then pulled through the support 'gear' (metal bit) that has broken. I have digital antenna, heated and powered mirror.
Remove door card and you’ll find the associated connectors to undo

I am just about to take off my mirrors on my T6.1 to get the matt black parts painted Gloss.
How hard is it to strip the mirrors and do you feed the wires through from the mirror end or
take the door card off and disconnect the wires from their.

I just want to give some advice if I may.....
I have just replaced the self same tube, it's called a " Wing Mirror Bracket Gear Bearing Inner Bush". I bought one from Vee Dub for about £8. I needed it urgently and they promised 2 day delivery. However when it hadn't arrived in 2 days I bought one from Amazon prime for next day delivery. Well they both arrived 'today'. When attempting to fit the Vee Dub one I came across a 'snag'. The original bush fits onto a plate that fits onto the side of the door. The plate has a location pin as well as the 3 screws holding it to the door. The pin fits into the bush BUT neither bush I bought had a hole to allow this pin. I ended up having to drill a hole in the new bush to allow the location of the pin. I succeeded and all went well (I think). Just beaware that when buying replacement parts from a 3rd party who isn't an OE, the part might not be exact.
Also, if you are unsure about tackling this job, take photo's at every stage of dismantling including which wire connector goes into which plug. I have ended up with a connector that doesn't fit into anything. I wish I had took photos to refer to, but I didn't. Everything on my vehicle functions and I have no error messages on the dash. I've spoken to a VW mechanic who claims there are surplus wires and connectors in the wiring loom, fitted by VW for the many accessories they supply. I am doubtful of this answer, BUT everything appears to be working !!! So, he may be right !
just a little advice.

I have a question about the wing mirrors,
I've spent a fair amount of time searching the forum but unable to find a definitive answer.
An oncoming van hit my offside mirror today and damaged the upper cover, there's a deep gouge in the plastic so it's going to need replacing.
Does anyone know if you can change the upper mirror covers without removing the complete mirror from the van?
Thanks for any replies.

Must be the day for it, same thing happened with an oncoming van too far over to our side…
Retrieved the covers but glass nowhere to be seen.

8BF38E78-09EE-4F65-80E1-66DA025EBC12.jpeg

6D2719D2-AAE1-4D15-940D-3E29DB09EC91.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Back