Windscreen mositure at bottom of screen - where does it go?

t6_tom

Sold!
T6 Pro
Hi

I have a 16 Cali with comfort dash. I get a fair bit of moisture on the windscreen which is what I would expect in a camper that is being used. It's enough to use a squeegee at this time of year.

Last weekend I just pushed all the moisture down to the bottom of the windscreen and it disappears below the dash.

Is there a proper drain down there?

Thanks

I don’t think so. We use one of these, works really well.

Pete

I don’t think so. We use one of these, works really well.

Pete
Yup, use one of these too, good for all glass.:thumbsup:

Not sure if there is a drain, but a lot of us have filled it with a dash rubber to stop stuff (like car park tickets) going down it :think smile bounce:

No channel or drain . . . .

just a void of despair that swallows up everything that drops down there . . . . its basically the rear of the front scuttle panel, so painted metal. (water will run down the back of the dash behind the firewall and ultimately end up in the footwell by your feet)

it can bee seen if you ever have the windscreen replaced . . . (as i did and found loads of goodies that have been swallowed up over the years)

as above (@CAB ), . . . . . these dash trim seals are brilliant and will help.

T6 Transporter Dash Trim Seal Upgrade Windscreen Gap Filler

• Fits: VW Volkswagen Transporter T5 Models 2003-2015. VW Volkswagen Transporter T5.1 Models 2010-2015. VW Volkswagen Transporter T6 Models 2015-Present.
  • The void between windscreen and dash traps objects making removal difficult. These vehicles feature an unfortunate gap between the dash and the front windscreen, inevitably over time this recess devours pens, receipts, coins etc as they slide in to this gap. These are then very difficult to extract and cause rattles and squeaks whilst driving.
  • Fit our high quality perfect profile trim to fill this void. Install our rubber trim and prevent objects sliding in to the void. OUR rubber trim is purposely designed and extruded for this application. Constructed from a UV stable Black colour to match OEM design. Our trim comes pre-cut to fit the void. Being our design, we have extruded the trim to the perfect profile to sit between the dash and windscreen.
  • You will receive 1x Length of our high quality rubber trim

1612215387164.png

These Microfibre Cloths work great at keeping the glass clear and soaking up the condensation.

we use them in the Van, Car & Home.

Microfibre Car Cleaning Cloths Set of 4, Auto Drying Towel for Car Care Polishing Washing Waxing Dusting and Detailing, 16'' x 16''

• Professional Cleaning Cloth - This car polishing cloth set is made of premium ultra-thick microfiber which ensures its super water absorbing capacity, softness and strength. The thickness and reinforced edges makes this car cleaning towel strong and long lasting.
  • Complete Car Detailing Solution - Every microfibre towel have Two-Layer Plush Microfiber, which can absorbs two times more than traditional cleaning microfiber, so you can greatly reduce drying time.
  • Scratch, Swirl & Lint Free - Our polish cloths are made of non-abrasive microfibre material and will not leave scratches or lint, which is better than cotton cloths and other cleaning rags, ultra-soft edge make sure this car care set is 100% scratch-free to protect your paintwork, glass or mirrors.
  • Multi-Functions - These car wash towels is perfect for washing, waxing, dusting, polishing and drying your vehicles, windows, glasses, mirrors, dishes and other household wares, without worrying about scratch your car, motorcycle paints or other surfaces.

1612216028737.png

just a void of despair that swallows up everything that drops down there . . . . its basically the rear of the front scuttle panel, so painted metal. (water will run down the back of the dash behind the firewall and ultimately end up in the footwell by your feet)

it can bee seen if you ever have the windscreen replaced . . . (as i did and found loads of goodies that have been swallowed up over the years)

• Fits: VW Volkswagen Transporter T5 Models 2003-2015. VW Volkswagen Transporter T5.1 Models 2010-2015. VW Volkswagen Transporter T6 Models 2015-Present.
  • The void between windscreen and dash traps objects making removal difficult. These vehicles feature an unfortunate gap between the dash and the front windscreen, inevitably over time this recess devours pens, receipts, coins etc as they slide in to this gap. These are then very difficult to extract and cause rattles and squeaks whilst driving.
  • Fit our high quality perfect profile trim to fill this void. Install our rubber trim and prevent objects sliding in to the void. OUR rubber trim is purposely designed and extruded for this application. Constructed from a UV stable Black colour to match OEM design. Our trim comes pre-cut to fit the void. Being our design, we have extruded the trim to the perfect profile to sit between the dash and windscreen.

View attachment 101324

The void of despair comment made me laugh!

I'm sure I have something stuck down there and I wanted to have a look when they changed my windscreen, unfortunately it was within covid and I wasn't allowed inside the building.

I'm assuming there is no way in without the windscreen out or the dash off?

Thanks for the advice on the seal will get one of those.

not really . . .to get the dash loose enough to get behind is a big job.

its about a 5-10mm gap naturally.

I've tried using a hoover and even the endoscope cam to get in there and retrieve lost gems. . . . its like the Bermuda Triangle.

at one point we had a drinks stirrer and a bit of blutak in an attempt to retrieve a paid carpark ticket. ( a fruitless effort)

its a bit boring in there really . . . but a large space,

it will swallow up every pen, biro, pencil and parking ticket that you feed it. . . . . be warned !

The T5.1 has speaker pods in the dash corners that made things a bit easier . . .

but in the T6 they moved the tweeters into the A-piller trims . . . . so now no chance at getting in there.

Yeah. I have already tried the endoscope camera and failed. I did manage to get a load of the previous owners parking tickets and bits out using a flat ruler.

Hope the seal will deaden the noise!

it's a strange one most of the time I can't hear it at all and then very occasionally it starts rattling.

At least the stereo system is decent.

View attachment 101324

Or you could go the whole way

Back