Screen - Excessive moisture

Mine has been the same over Christmas as I don’t use it much. Just been out today and running in moisture.
I got the karcher window vac out and all gone in under 30 seconds.I am a plumber so get a lot of wet items in the back from time to time .The karcher vac is great if you are camping as it leaves the windows clean and you can just tip the water outside.
if you have never used one the are good at cleaning widows and shower screens around the house.

When the dot changes colour you put them in the microwave to dry them out for a short amount of time then let them cool and they are good to go again :thumbsup:

Brilliant. My apologies for not replying sooner - I forgot to press 'post reply' :rolleyes:

Is there a opening in the T6 that doesn't leak or let moisture in etc?

B post is soaked, C post soaked both nearside only! Rear hatch OS pillar soaked!

The rear spoiler is stuck on, no bolts, rear brake light seems fine etc. I've used a faux suede lining mostly thinner than carpet. But having read about the seals leaking if carpet goes under them I removed the fabric on the offside from under the seal and appears to be drying out! Will keep an eye! (Left NS to compare at this point)

Bottom of the B post NS is pretty damp I seem to remember something about bolts within the fuel filler area need to be sealed, can anyone shed light please?

C post NS drenched towards the bottom can't see any reason as above the "window line" it's dry!!
I'm wondering if just spraying Dinitrol etc. into the cavity will seal from the inside?

Re windscreen wet yep that anorl I turn heating knob to hot, vents closed , and direction of heat to floor seems to help somewhat ( as in I don't need a hand towel !)
And lastly ! Floor drivers footwell, needed to run an accessory wire to rear of van so this morning pulled up the rubber matting, and it's wet!

My old T25 was always dry as a bone! Carpeted, units etc etc never a problem!
The cab area of my T6 is as it came out of the factory ! Plastic covers everywhere probably with rivers of water as well!

Anybody with any work around advice muchly appreciated!

Blimey, I feel a bit easier now as I don't have that many issues going off. Roll on spring.

Update:
After the last day of heavy rain down here in Hampshire! I've just checked the rear hatch and seems to have done the trick! A little damp as it's still drying out but better than before not wet to the touch!

So will finish of the hatch, and as the C post is completely drenched, panel removed that sits above the rear seat belt mount, to allow air circulation and is wet inside the post but seems more like condensation!

So if it ever stops raining I'll trim that cloth away
Ever hopeful for an easy fix!
But this needs to be sorted before I can do my refit!

Last edited:
Blimey, I feel a bit easier now as I don't have that many issues going off. Roll on spring.
Mines 2016 model and I've heard about many problems around this time, poor workmanship ( read VW cheap labour etc) being main issues.
And yes roll in spring !

Update:
After the last day of heavy rain down here in Hampshire! I've just checked the rear hatch and seems to have done the trick! A little damp as it's still drying out but better than before not wet to the touch!

So will finish of the hatch, and as the C post is completely drenched, panel removed that sits above the rear seat belt mount, to allow air circulation and is wet inside the post but seems more like condensation!

So if it ever stops raining I'll trim that cloth away
Ever hopeful for an easy fix!
But this needs to be sorted before I can do my refit!
Definitely sounds like it could be due to carpet round the seals, mine is bare metal round the seals - would definitely look better carpeted, but didn't want to risk water getting in

20201230_151043.jpg

Arrived this morning and straight in the van.

My windscreen tends to get pretty damp inside as well but I don't think there's anything sinister going on - I just put it down to the cold. By coincidence, I had a couple of those 1Kg dehumidifier bags arrive in the post this morning and after thoroughly drying the screen (wiped with a towel, left the engine running for 45 minutes with heater on max, A/C and heated screen on), have now stuck them on the dash. I'll report back in due course.

My windscreen tends to get pretty damp inside as well but I don't think there's anything sinister going on - I just put it down to the cold. By coincidence, I had a couple of those 1Kg dehumidifier bags arrive in the post this morning and after thoroughly drying the screen (wiped with a towel, left the engine running for 45 minutes with heater on max, A/C and heated screen on), have now stuck them on the dash. I'll report back in due course.

Excellent - more the merrier.

I have had no issues and the bag has been in use since the summer in the top tray of the dash, hopefully you get the same results that i have had of no moisture in the inside :thumbsup:

Just to join in, my windscreen also gets pretty wet inside as well. Not every day but often. I'm not using the van much yet and haven't had it long - I'm yet to investigate as I'll be ripping out the interior soon anyway.

Just to join in, my windscreen also gets pretty wet inside as well. Not every day but often. I'm not using the van much yet and haven't had it long - I'm yet to investigate as I'll be ripping out the interior soon anyway.

Hi JB. I'm beginning to think it's something we'll have to live with. There was a quote from DXX a few days ago about the 'dew point & Humidity' in the air and I think that's the most likely reason. My vans been frosted over all day and the inner screen has been bone dry. But then, I have placed a newly purchased Dehumidifier bag on the dash?

My windscreen is the same, need to use kitchen roll to clear it, only had it 5 month but I have carpeted and insulated it also, its a pain tbh

interesting, please let us know how they perform

I thought I'd give you an interim update as the dehumidifier bags have been in place for about 5 days or so. One on the dash and one towards the rear.

It may be a coincidence, but the screen has been clear of moisture even after having a dumping of snow on it for a night and a day and after a long cold damp day parked at work today.

This pic was as I returned to it this afternoon prior to driving home - taken before using the wipers.

20210103_160629.jpg

If any of you guys have aircon then use it all the time, the interior is damp somewhere and that's why the screen has moisture.
started leaving it on last week! Along with trimming the cloth away from the door seals! I'm at the stage where I'll try anything!

Hi JB. I'm beginning to think it's something we'll have to live with. There was a quote from DXX a few days ago about the 'dew point & Humidity' in the air and I think that's the most likely reason. My vans been frosted over all day and the inner screen has been bone dry. But then, I have placed a newly purchased Dehumidifier bag on the dash?
It’s 100% the reason, HVAC industry is worth £billions.

Back