Screen - Excessive moisture

So far so good!
Removing the cloth from under rear hatch rubber solved rear hatch leak.

Wet C post was rear NS window ( hidden behind a blind and frame hadn't noticed until I removed the blind and found the carpet soaking in the corner which was tracking across to the C post! Re sealed the frame on the inside, did the trick!

Poptop: found a company that supplies new seals on Hayling Island ( fairly local for me) difference was this seal has a small rubber lip just offset from middle of the "tube" about 2 mm in size, so when closed it seems to just add a little more of a seal!

3 nights of torrential rain and still dry! Windscreen a lot better as well especially as the inside is still a bit damp ! I live on a hill so have parked the van in both directions all is well!

Fingers crossed I can get on with updating the wiring and then rebuild interior!

For you guys who've got the 'Dehumidifier Bags' in their vans - how long do you leave them between microwaving and do the colour indicators work OK. Personally, I'm zapping mine for 10 minutes once a week and the pink does turn blue (but only sort of and not as well as when brand new!). I'm guessing that they are working pretty well as water on the inside of the windscreen has been minimal since I started with them and there's a hell of a lot of steam coming off them as they come out of the microwave.

Hi #Ayjay - I've not had mine change colour yet and they've been in a month now. There has only been one episode for me recently and we had had a fair drop of snow and on returning to the van the screen was heavy with moisture. The outside temp was around 2 degree's. One thing I have learned is not to keep bottled water in the van over winter. I had one in for that emergency cup of coffee but I found it was laden with moisture in the same way as a beer does in the sun :cool: - getting side tracked now ;)

20210121_021238.jpg

Mine have been in for at least 6 months and not Changed colour and still no moisture issues.
@Ayjay maybe you are getting moisture in elsewhere or van is still drying out :thumbsdown:

For you guys who've got the 'Dehumidifier Bags' in their vans - how long do you leave them between microwaving and do the colour indicators work OK. Personally, I'm zapping mine for 10 minutes once a week and the pink does turn blue (but only sort of and not as well as when brand new!). I'm guessing that they are working pretty well as water on the inside of the windscreen has been minimal since I started with them and there's a hell of a lot of steam coming off them as they come out of the microwave.
mines been in around 1-2 weeks and no sign of any colour change yet. im with @Monkster1 we had a good dump of snow last week and i had moisture on the inside of the van however it was quickly removed with the heaters on

I've noticed on our van im getting a little bit of water under the passenger step in the front. If i pull the cab mat up i can see a little bit of water tracking downwards on the inner arch but cant see where its coming from. I've had the A pillar off and cant see any water here, I've replaced the roof bolts as a precautionary. Anywhere else to look on that passenger side?
Cheers

I've noticed on our van im getting a little bit of water under the passenger step in the front. If i pull the cab mat up i can see a little bit of water tracking downwards on the inner arch but cant see where its coming from. I've had the A pillar off and cant see any water here, I've replaced the roof bolts as a precautionary. Anywhere else to look on that passenger side?
Cheers

There was some good advice on the forum which I picked up on in 2019 about filling the roof rack holes with Sikaflex before placing the bolts and tightening them up. Made a lot of sense. Come spring, I'm going to have a good look around and lift the cab carpet. I don't think mine's as serious as what I first though though.

Cheers
Could be the air con condensation pipe, located behind the glovebox
Have a search on here and you'll see a few have had the same problem

Hi all, I have the same high moisture problem as many of you but it seems to be only on very cold damp nights which recently we've had a lot. Due to being on lockdown and not using my van I have now started to use a small oil electric radiator in the van using my hook and up also placing a windscreen thermal screen cover on exterior for the worst nights. Since taking these measures my windscreen has been perfectly dry. Like another member my van is parked on a north facing driveway and rarely gets any sunlight this time of the year so remaining cold all day, personally I think this is the main reason for my problem.

Could be the air con condensation pipe, located behind the glovebox
Have a search on here and you'll see a few have had the same problem
I've checked and the pipe is connected under the glovebox. Unless there is a connection else where?

It's been a few months since I fitted the rubber seal between the top of the dash and the screen. Weather been a right mix no condensation issues whatsoever! Excellent £6 fix lol

Back