Wind out awnings

I have an ARB awning as the Fiamma awning I had previously on my T5 only had a to have a slight gust of wind and was useless!

also Fiamma are for protection from sun and not any other weather so not as good as ARB which are built for off road adventures.

depends what you want though. If you want to spend £500 plus on something that can only be out in the sun really or something that costs £300 andcan be out in all weathers?

I had a Fiamma awning on my T5 and I have a Thule now and have been completely happy with both, don't think there's anything between the 2 big brands. The above Fiamma rain guard fits them both fine too.
View attachment 78438

So have you got the rain guards fitted with your pop roof? I'm not sure where they will sit with the roof both up and then down?

Thanks.

So have you got the rain guards fitted with your pop roof? I'm not sure where they will sit with the roof both up and then down?

Thanks.
Hi Paul. Here is mine:

2020-09-19-14-18-13-sony-jpg.85662

It's a side-elevator, but as you can see, the guards don't come much beyond the Reimo rail.

Hi Paul. Here is mine:

2020-09-19-14-18-13-sony-jpg.85662

It's a side-elevator, but as you can see, the guards don't come much beyond the Reimo rail.
Really useful, thanks. So is it stuck to your roof? How tight a fit is it round the brackets? Do drips still make it through?

Really useful, thanks. So is it stuck to your roof? How tight a fit is it round the brackets? Do drips still make it through?
It sticks to the awning cassette (there's a recessed section on the Fiamma, but as long as the Dometic is flat it should work). The rubber just flops down and rests on the van roof, you can push it in a bit, it is why it looks drunk and wobbly in the middle! This is the Fiamma picture, as you can see it just sits on the roof.

1602014164643.png

There are still some small gaps around the bracket, about 1-2 cm wide each side of both brackets. We had a bit of a drip down onto our rear sliding window (we have a rear kitchen, and the passenger side rear window has a sliding opener). I am thinking of finding some foam I can cut and wedge in those bits, but it was not a lot considering how much rain there was last weekend :think smile bounce:

We have a Fiamma F45s which is an excellent bit of kit. I have just installed a Fiamma rain guard kit to fill the gap between the van and awning.
Hi How easy is this to fit? An it stay in place when a pop top roof is fitted and does it just use the roof bar holes or do you also have to screw it into the van pls

Has anyone got a cheaper alternative to the 3 sides for the fiamma 45s set? (Makes a room)

Hi How easy is this to fit? An it stay in place when a pop top roof is fitted and does it just use the roof bar holes or do you also have to screw it into the van pls
Hi Sue

It was pretty easy to fit. It is just a matter of cutting to 3 lengths either side of the brackets. Then push it into the gap between the van & awning housing.

Back