Awning Advice

Hi, I’ve recently bought an inflatable driveway awning and need to get an awning rail fixed to the T6 converted van I have. Doing a bit of research I might go for a Fiamma sun shade or something similar. What do people recommend, are the Fiamma’s worth the money? Is there other good alternatives out there? Any model recommendations for a T6 transporter with a pop top on? Thanks in advance for any replies!

If you’re using an awning do you need the Fiamma, or would a simple rail be sufficient?
I’ve got a Reimo multirail, it’s easy to fit an awning to, but more importantly it stops water pouring in through the side door when it’s raining.

If you’re using an awning do you need the Fiamma, or would a simple rail be sufficient?
I’ve got a Reimo multirail, it’s easy to fit an awning to, but more importantly it stops water pouring in through the side door when it’s raining.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll take a look. I was thinking that the awning would be good for longer trips away when I need more gear and then get the Fiamma for weekend trips away and days out. Am I right in thinking the awnings can attach to the Fiamma’s though as well instead of the multi-rail? Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll take a look. I was thinking that the awning would be good for longer trips away when I need more gear and then get the Fiamma for weekend trips away and days out. Am I right in thinking the awnings can attach to the Fiamma’s though as well instead of the multi-rail? Thanks.
Can you recommend any sunshades to attach to the rail as an alternative to the Fiamma?

Yes, the Fiamma will have an attachment method for an awning.

I have an awning, but I’m looking at a Kiravans rail sail for shorter stops this year.

Hi @Jimquested , we have an F45s and love it! We also have an inflatable drive away awning for the longer stays and when we take our black lab away with us.
The majority of our trips are weekends away where the F45s is all we need, it has 2 channels on the front and we use a dual 4/6mm kador strip to attach the awning.
Both are great in their own right, but the Fiamma is the one we use most!

Hi @Jimquested , we have an F45s and love it! We also have an inflatable drive away awning for the longer stays and when we take our black lab away with us.
The majority of our trips are weekends away where the F45s is all we need, it has 2 channels on the front and we use a dual 4/6mm kador strip to attach the awning.
Both are great in their own right, but the Fiamma is the one we use most!
Thanks that’s really helpful. What size F45 did you get. Is it best to get the fixing brackets from Fiamma? I’ve noticed there are other copies/ options out there. Thanks.

Thanks that’s really helpful. What size F45 did you get. Is it best to get the fixing brackets from Fiamma? I’ve noticed there are other copies/ options out there. Thanks.
I've never measured it Jim! It's on an SWB tho'!

Did I fit it? Nah, Too scared, I'm hoping it's got proper brackets tho?! I'll have a look when I get home...

We use a debus sun canopy on short stays and find it perfect for a bit of shelter when it’s raining. This can take more of a breeze too so don’t need to retract or remove it when it gets a bit windy

We have the Fiamma storm straps and a useful Fiamma 'rafter pro' that stops the wind out awning turning into a barrel full of water, well worth keeping on board. Clips for that are already built in to the F45s.

Like @cgtmiles we use a Debus sun canopy with a Reimo Multirail. It’s a very functional and effective combination that takes about 5 minutes to erect. Unlike a wind out cassette, it isn’t prone to theft, isn’t a great chunk of weight carried up high and has negligible wind resistance.

Back