Why do conversion companies behave like this?

The Topper was from comfortz leisure also on ebay and vw californiaclub shop
Its well made and certainly helped keep us warm in sub zero temps.....not really insulated but guess acts as rudimentary double glazing.
The bag it comes in, is very waterproof as though we shook as much ice off as possible when we packed up there was some residue which melted but the bag contained until we emptied out at home.
The bag fits neatly in beside the chairs in the tailgate zip pocket

We wanted to support local business so approached 2 companies Cambridge Campers & Needingworth Campers both companies were helpful when we visited although we got the impression they thought we were not serious buyers. They assured us they would contact us when they had vans available. Neither did nor returned calls which led us to looking further afield. We had our van converted by Three Bridge who told us when it was ordered that they would try and get it done by xmas but couldn’t promise. Despite the snow disrupting the build they worked flat out to ensure we had the van by xmas. The quality of the work done is exceptional and we are delighted with the results. Glad you’re happy with your Cali. Customer service is key to business success.

I loved the Three Bridges Vans they really look stunning and stand out from the crowd!
I guess the important thing is to use and enjoy.
Our dogs just loved it
Have lots of Fun!

We had a similarly bad experience with a conversion company in Swansea (no names mentioned but they're as "straight as an A---W" & rhymes with "BARROW")

Wasted countless trips to their Workshops, unanswered emails, non returned phonecalls etc . etc

Their main issue is the Woman who the owner employs to do the admin, meet customers, answer the phone etc. is next to useless!

They lost over £12k worth of work on our current Camper & will lose the same amount in March when our new van arrives.

Well It's not a full conversion but Im going to Transporter HQ for my poptop, I can't speak highly enough of Andy there. They fitted my B14s and ARBs and I've phoned a few times just for advice about stuff and they have been more than accommodating. It's not only exceptional service but also installs confidence in there business when they return phone calls and share knowledge knowing there is no profit in it for them its just to help someone out. These guys are clearly huge fans of the scene as well as it being a business for them. Probably not the place to post it but just as some have had bad experiences I believe its worth sharing the good ones too. :D

Hi Jay Sal
Glad you're having a good experience, with your convertors. I am sure you'll have lots of fun with the van

Exploria have many happy customers and are obviously pretty successful. But in my dealings with them I feel I was treated with a certain amount of disdain and lied to. I read the reviews and saw the work when I had my appointment and have no doubt they will do a good job but by not being upfront that they can't handle the work load, they have cost me money and more importantly precious time.
A good company respects customers and does not treat them with disdain

Hi Jay Sal
Glad you're having a good experience, with your convertors. I am sure you'll have lots of fun with the van

Exploria have many happy customers and are obviously pretty successful. But in my dealings with them I feel I was treated with a certain amount of disdain and lied to. I read the reviews and saw the work when I had my appointment and have no doubt they will do a good job but by not being upfront that they can't handle the work load, they have cost me money and more importantly precious time.
A good company respects customers and does not treat them with disdain

No criticism from me Ewan, If your post helps 1 person on here its worth posting.

Back