Cosmic Campervans Derby

So finally had message from Dario at Cosmic Campervans
Sent message just containing my address and post code. Asked what that means had no reply.
Therefore I can only take it as his latest threat trying to scare me knowing where I live.
Takes a big 20 something to try and intimidate a 62 year old man with heart condition.

Sent message just containing my address and post code. Asked what that means had no reply.
Therefore I can only take it as his latest threat trying to scare me knowing where I live.
Takes a big 20 something to try and intimidate a 62 year old man with heart condition.
Send him a text with the address and postcode of his local trading standards.

I’ve been back to Cosmic Campers today as the drivers side rear was slightly raised when the roof was down, no problems whatsoever Roger and another fitter checked the roof thoroughly and found it was the roof bed mattress that needed sorting in a slightly different position. Dario came out and checked it over to make sure everything was right and I drove away really happy with Cosmic Campers service.
I personally am really happy with all work done to my van by Cosmic Campers and would highly recommend them and Storm pop top roofs.

John.

Although I purchased the self install option, I must admit they have been really helpful with answering any questions I had during the build so on that note I can’t fault them from my personal experience .

I've just picked up my van from Cosmic yesterday after having the Storm pop top and diesel heater fitted by them along with the solar panel. From start to finish (including sales and during conversion) I've been happy with the service - personally I didn't have any pushy sales experience and the quality of the work looks really good to me. No rattles, speaks or anything untoward so far. They even did a few extra jobs and bits for me at no additional cost whilst it was in.

Overall really happy with the experience - and will of course update if anything changes but so far so good.

D229A4ED-087B-4A24-8361-F5B42DDF9081.jpeg

20221212_144917.jpg

Hello Everyone.

I would like to bring all concerned forum members to the attention of the 200+ Genuine 5 Star reviews that our business has received since being in business, in just over 5 years. If you are in doubt about our workmanship or level of customer service, I personally invite you down to speak with myself and my team, and we will certainly put any worries to ease. As you can see in this very post, we have had many happy customers, and even when there has been some minor issues, we have rectified them immediately. Converting Campervans is not an easy job, and mistakes can happen. R.S originally posted on facebook with his defamatory comments, and then subsequently removed his whole thread due to over 25+ past customers actually coming to comment on how well we had dealt with them, whether it be good workmanship or fantastic aftersales. R.S also seems to have forgotten that we offered him the opportunity to bring his vehicle back to us to be looked at and rectified immediately, and he infact decided never to return to us again, as can and will be proven in court.

Unfortunately, the situation as Mr Rob S******** has decided to set it out as in his original comments is not quite as it seems. This is in fact a very long and detailed situation that quite frankly, is completely incorrect and false. The statements that Mr R.S is making are defamatory and false. Fortunately, we record all of our phone calls and have a huge bank of evidence that will eventually be used to prove how Mr R.S has in fact lied multiple times about the service he received from our business. I would like to revisit this thread in the near future, because very shortly, we will in fact be pursuing legal action for the defamatory comments and false statements made by Mr R.S and collaborators that are trying to destroy Cosmic Campervans reputation. It's very convenient that we have only had bad press about a certain roof brand in the past few months, and little do many people know, that Cosmic Campervans in fact terminated our working relationship with 2 certain roof brands due to poor quality and service from both of them, prior to all of this happening. Once again, evidence will be provided for this.

Unfortunately, this is much more than just a roof install with some apparent issues (that were never presented to us to be looked at or rectified). The images R.S has uploaded are incredibly well presented to make it look like much worse than actually is. I would like you all to imagine this scenario - If you were to repair your electrical sockets in your house, however, in the process, you needed to remove all the plasterboard and nicely painted walls that are covering the wiring, then you took a lot of pictures of all the untidy looking framework behind the plasterboards, and then presented that as if it was delivered to you in that state? Would that be a fair way to evaluate a finalised job? No.
R.S has simply uploaded photos of framework that has been removed from his vehicle, and therefore it looks untidy and damaged. We could take a brand new VW California straight from the dealership, remove all the framework and remove it completely correctly and nicely, it would look just as bad as the images he has uploaded. The images have been provided to him from another installer that has charged him the time to complete all of this.

Once again, I am very confident in the evidence and knowledge I have regarding this situation, and for that reason, we have already commenced legal action. I will not stand by and allow lies and falsehoods to be reported about this business I have fought tooth and nail to ensure that our reputation and customer service are of the highest quality.
Many customers in the past have taken the time to write out a review for our business, we have a huge amount of 5-star reviews, and have to date 1 negative review, in fact, our business now stands in the top 1% of companies in the UK for our reviews. We have delivered in excess of 1000+ pop top roof installs in 5 years. I could and would love to post some very interesting phone calls that Mr R.S seems to have forgotten about, however, we will not be releasing any evidence at this moment in time and it will be presented in court. I shall return to this post when we have received a Judgement for the case. Court action is something that we have never pursued against any customer until this situation had arisen, and therefore is another false statement made by RS. We never wanted to take this further action, but unfortunately, the damage caused by these falsehoods has now been too great, and cannot be allowed to continue.

If any other forum members has any further doubts then I would kindly invite you to contact us directly, and we will be happy to address any concerns you may have.

Moderators Comment: Full name redacted

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my Storm pop top fitted by @cosmiccampervans last September and I was very pleased with their professional workmanship on our T6 but we weren’t able to use the pop-top until this bank holiday week end at Bala Lake with the forum.
It has transferred our van immensely from a back aching day van to a spacious useful day van with the scenic canvas, bifold bed and led lighting everything about the Cosmic fit and Storm quality has far exceeded our expectations.
Thank you very much to all at Cosmic Campers and I would recommend this company to everyone as outstanding in everything from start to finish.

John.

Doesn’t matter how old you are a pre-emptive strike takes the undefeatable by surprise.

Back