Which Side Bars?

Installed mine a few days ago, easy job with a bit of trimming the undertrays and look great. Shame the front mudflaps I've ordered are crap quality and not going on!
I’m dithering on which mudflap to get!

Morning,
I am about to order some side bars from Vee Dub Transporters, I like the OEM look in black but can’t decide on Matt or Gloss, usual decisions everyone struggles with.. can anyone recommend these bars? I don’t want rubbish on my van looking for a good quality product. Paul

I'm thinking about buying some matt black sides,there seems to be a lot of companies selling them. I just wondered if any forum memvers could recommend a good company to buy them off ? And also how easy are they to fit ?

VanStyle angled/ trapezoid bars in gloss black
View attachment 92490
The bars aren’t what anyone would call ‘gloss’. They’re duller, but that suited me. The undertrays needed a little bit of cutting for the mounts to fit. You can adjust them to sit closer or further from the cill.
How are you finding these side bars @Ads_Essex? I have been looking at these to replace my current round ones.

How are you finding these side bars @Ads_Essex? I have been looking at these to replace my current round ones.
Good as gold. I’ve got the moulded mud flaps and the bars haven’t got any stone chips or signs of wear. I gave them a quick dash of KKK ceramic coating when I installed them, and haven’t done a great many miles, but they’ve help up.

I'm rather partial to the trapezoid side bars, which i think you can get from vanstyle, although they appear to be gloss black rather than matt Angled Trapezoid Sportline Style Gloss Black Sidebars - VW T5 T6 - Vanstyle

Edit: just looked at the thread Loz linked, and on the gloss point, note @Ads_Essex comment that "The bars aren’t what anyone would call ‘gloss’. They’re duller, but that suited me. The undertrays needed a little bit of cutting for the mounts to fit. You can adjust them to sit closer or further from the cill."

Superb, thanks for the review. Not that expensive either.

Superb, thanks for the review. Not that expensive either.
They did have a little ding in them on arrival, but I just touched it in with paint and it’s not given me any grief since (I didn’t bother trying to return them because I was a excited little boy)

They did have a little ding in them on arrival, but I just touched it in with paint and it’s not given me any grief since (I didn’t bother trying to return them because I was a excited little boy)
As I will be when they get here, though the wife likes the round one, even though they are chipped at the front.

It would cost me just as much to get them plastic coated in black.

Reactions: Loz
I think this is a general discussion thread regarding sidebar looks, cost, fitting and quality,
with Loz having created that one you’ve linked to solely to display the few variants that actually exist (chrome or black, trapezoid or tubular, straight or chamfered)
Correct, the other is designed as a gallery/reference and cleaned up regularly, and this is a discussion.

Mine are supposed to be stainless painted black, but I am always suspicious of the wording on some of the websites. I guess time will tell when the first stone chips show up. I was actually thinking of adding a strip of bike(helicopter) tape to the undersides of the bars to protect them.

Has anybody got the Leighton vans trapiziod gloss black side bars?
I am interested in the van style ones but I’m really after gloss, and after the reviews of them being more satin than gloss it’s putting me off.... I was wondering if it’s the same with the Leighton ones?

Back