Which Side Bars?

Yes I have the Leighton ones on my van and they are more satin than gloss black but they still look the nuts
as they sit nice and tight to the van

I am looking for some stainless 'angle' SWB bars anyone know which don't foul the jacking points?

Do VW do angled gloss black bars?

I have some older style LV bars, they have not faired well - only 2 years old and started to rust. I just been on there site and they do state don't use TFR on the bars.

Last edited:
Yeah they still look new I’m a bit OCD so van is always cleaned regularly as others on here do
only tiny downside sometimes if you catch shoes/boots on them when getting in /out my leave small scuff
but they do t-cut out would definitely recommend well pleased with mine and fast service from guys at leighton vans too
mine arrived in two days

As last post has put YES DO NOT use TFR traffic film remover on
alloy wheels side bars as it just slowly over time breaks down the paint /protecting coating which leads to
white marks and peeling on both wheels and side bars soapy water and rinse all I do good luck

Mine are supposed to be stainless painted black, but I am always suspicious of the wording on some of the websites. I guess time will tell when the first stone chips show up. I was actually thinking of adding a strip of bike(helicopter) tape to the undersides of the bars to protect them.
Hi @Loz I think you have the Van Style black straight side bars I'm looking at. Are you happy with them? Were they easy to fit? Thank you very much

Hi @Loz I think you have the Van Style black straight side bars I'm looking at. Are you happy with them? Were they easy to fit? Thank you very much
Actually yes, very pleased. Easy to fit, just needed the dremmel to make 2 slots in the plastic under trims.
make sure you sort out the bolts to find the 2 with the shorter tabs as these go into the front drain holes, place every bolt in place and use the clear plastic splints to hold them in place before you bolt any brackets up. I also coated all the bolts and brackets in waxoil before I bolted up the bars.

Actually yes, very pleased. Easy to fit, just needed the dremmel to make 2 slots in the plastic under trims.
make sure you sort out the bolts to find the 2 with the shorter tabs as these go into the front drain holes, place every bolt in place and use the clear plastic splints to hold them in place before you bolt any brackets up. I also coated all the bolts and brackets in waxoil before I bolted up the bars.
Great to hear you are pleased and great advice - will be sure to follow. Thank you very much

I read somewhere on this forum about side bars that do not need any of the plastics trimming, but I cant find it now? Anyone's search mojo better than mine at the moment or can you remember where they are from? TIA

I read somewhere on this forum about side bars that do not need any of the plastics trimming, but I cant find it now? Anyone's search mojo better than mine at the moment or can you remember where they are from? TIA
Hi, worth taking a look at these, I have some but not yet fitted, others on here have fitted with positive reviews

Hi everyone, is it better to go with OEM or are aftermarket, will the OEM last longer and be better quality , or are you paying the OEM badge?

Thanks

Daniel

Hi all,

I'm not very mechanical (but also not an idiot ) and have just been quoted £500 PLUS VAT to replace my current rusting side bars on my T6 SWB with gloss black finish Trapezoid bars.

This is a quote from a VERY reputable place but seems super high to me. The most expensive side bars seem to be <£200

Would love anyone's opinion on this quote and IF a novice could fit bars on their driveway.

Thanks
G

I don’t think they are treating you like an idiot. If you want a pro to do it, deal with rusty screws, replace your bars, they have to make their profit. Nothing wrong with it.
However I have to say the Bars upgrade it’s a very basic DIY job. Buy the bars you like and install them yourself.

Back