T6.1 sidebar lights no longer working

Ldjuk

VIP Member
Hi all,

I have a 2022 sportline t6.1 and it has the factory sidebars with the down lit puddle lights in them for when you unlock the van. They have stopped working on both sides so I am assuming it will be a fuse that has blown (maybe).
I am a bit of a technophobe so could do with a bit of help locating this fuse. I have downloaded the fuse diagrams but still can't figure out which one it will be. Please help as I don't want to go to the dealer just for a fuse as we all know what they can be like.

Much appreciated.

Lee

The sportline kit is fitted in the UK after delivery.

The wires come from the bars up for a gromit underneath the seat.

The go
Up the pillar to the light connection on the centre console in the roof.

Well that's how it's done on a t6 anyway.

It's unlikely the fuse will blow unless there was cable damage or water ingress, I've had mine on the van for five years and never had a problem with it. Maybe the connections come unplugged at the light connection in the roof.

Not sure the routing is the same as it used to be Lee @Dellmassive

I've had a couple of sportlines in here for interior work and when lifting the floor up I was surprised by what I found. The feed for the side bar puddle lights was taken from the side step light and run through holes drilled in the van that weren't protected, so it's possible that they could over time get damaged on those sharp edges. I sorted the issue in the vans I worked on to avoid it, but it did make me wonder what might happen to others.

@Ldjuk I doubt it's a fuse as they aren't fused separately from the courtesy light circuit. If it was a fuse, none of it would be working. I would pop back to your supplying dealer and have them look at it under warranty.

Not sure the routing is the same as it used to be Lee @Dellmassive

I've had a couple of sportlines in here for interior work and when lifting the floor up I was surprised by what I found. The feed for the side bar puddle lights was taken from the side step light and run through holes drilled in the van that weren't protected, so it's possible that they could over time get damaged on those sharp edges. I sorted the issue in the vans I worked on to avoid it, but it did make me wonder what might happen to others.

@Ldjuk I doubt it's a fuse as they aren't fused separately from the courtesy light circuit. If it was a fuse, none of it would be working. I would pop back to your supplying dealer and have them look at it under warranty.

What you say does make sense as the interior lights still come on when opening the van. I've just rang local "service" centre and I'm booked in for the 14th of November!

Thank you.

Yes, T6.1 sportline wiring is in the side loading door steps, i've attached a couple of pics of one we had in... Cabling was already slightly damaged due to the routing and no gromet being used. Not the most impressive install lol!

At least it gives you an idea of how they're run!

IMG_2016.jpgIMG_2017.jpgIMG_2018.jpgIMG_2019.jpg

Hi all,

I have a 2022 sportline t6.1 and it has the factory sidebars with the down lit puddle lights in them for when you unlock the van. They have stopped working on both sides so I am assuming it will be a fuse that has blown (maybe).
I am a bit of a technophobe so could do with a bit of help locating this fuse. I have downloaded the fuse diagrams but still can't figure out which one it will be. Please help as I don't want to go to the dealer just for a fuse as we all know what they can be like.

Much appreciated.

Lee
hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread,anyone know any way of keeping the puddle lights on while driving at night?
may get a tug from the cops but would be nice to drive with them on?

Yes, T6.1 sportline wiring is in the side loading door steps, i've attached a couple of pics of one we had in... Cabling was already slightly damaged due to the routing and no gromet being used. Not the most impressive install lol!

At least it gives you an idea of how they're run!

View attachment 216596View attachment 216597View attachment 216598View attachment 216599

Thank you for this Brandon, much appreciated mate. I will give that a look as soon as the weather dries out a bit.

hope you dont mind me jumping on this thread,anyone know any way of keeping the puddle lights on while driving at night?
may get a tug from the cops but would be nice to drive with them on?
You would need to disconnect the puddle lights from the curtisey timed circuit and hard wire to a separate switch and led driver.

You would need to disconnect the puddle lights from the curtisey timed circuit and hard wire to a separate switch and led driver.
thats way too complicated for me lol
was hoping i could just add a switch in the back to overide it as still want them to go off as they should when i lock up,never mind

Sorry for the bump but my drivers side has stopped working. What was your out come please? Many thanks
Hi. If yours is the sportline then get ready for a nest of shit wiring done by the Ford guys who fit the sportline parts. It’s an easy fix, I took both sidesteps off as I have twin slider and then lifted the matting. The Ford dicks had drilled holes to pass the wires through and had not fitted grommets which meant the wires had cut through on the sharp edges. It’s a dead easy job and you can lose about 20ft of excess wiring while you are at it. I made sure that I painted the drilled edges and fitted grommets.

Hi. If yours is the sportline then get ready for a nest of shit wiring done by the Ford guys who fit the sportline parts. It’s an easy fix, I took both sidesteps off as I have twin slider and then lifted the matting. The Ford dicks had drilled holes to pass the wires through and had not fitted grommets which meant the wires had cut through on the sharp edges. It’s a dead easy job and you can lose about 20ft of excess wiring while you are at it. I made sure that I painted the drilled edges and fitted grommets.
Funny enough I had look today.

I soundproofed my floor when I got it. Also a twin slider.

My wiring it not as bad as the pic above and a neater job.

I have take the step out and tested plug with a multi meter. Was showing 12v. I then looked underneath and they are actually on but very dim so suspect it’s the lamp them selfs.

Popped into VW today to book it’s 1st service and to work through my warranty issue list lol

2023 6months old and 9930mile lol

IMG_1855.jpeg

These threads of the MSRT Ford guys don’t give me faith in my Sportline. I bought a VW not a bloody Ford!

Back