Which Side Bars?

Personally... fits hard hat on :eek: .... I don't think the T6 looks at all right with round side bars. I much prefer the VW T6 trapezoid bars that have the same angular look as the T6 sharp lines and they are less 'dumpy'. :thumbsup:........ :whistle:

Personally... fits hard hat on :eek: .... I don't think the T6 looks at all right with round side bars. I much prefer the VW T6 trapezoid bars that have the same angular look as the T6 sharp lines and they are less 'dumpy'. :thumbsup:........ :whistle:

I'm kind of in this camp too. I have round bars and often think I'd prefer angled ones. However, I like the fact that the bars I've got extend the full length of the sill. Some designs whether angled or round, seem to come up a bit short at both ends. I think bars look better when your standing further away, as it gives the illusion of smoothing out the underside of the van as @Spaghettiboy78 has said.

20190428_115422.jpg

Last edited:
To me without side bars look naked, I prefer the side skirts these days...

but then I also like flared arches and running boards... if there was only a decent flared wheel arch kit....

At the moment I'm of the opinion that on a starlight blue van its better without these round polished OEM sidebars, but I think I would prefer the black trapezoid bars than none at all. Guess I will need to remove, clean sell and put the money to black ones.

At the moment I'm of the opinion that on a starlight blue van its better without these round polished OEM sidebars, but I think I would prefer the black trapezoid bars than none at all. Guess I will need to remove, clean sell and put the money to black ones.

When I get time, I’ll do a rough mock up with black bars, how about getting the bar coated the same as the wheels?

When I get time, I’ll do a rough mock up with black bars, how about getting the bar coated the same as the wheels?

I have thought about that, but I'm not sure it would work and i think it would get chipped/ scratched pretty quickly. And I would appreciate that.

I have thought about that, but I'm not sure it would work and i think it would get chipped/ scratched pretty quickly.

I would agree with that. We have the polished stainless steel trapezoid bars and seeing what they pick up on our travels would worry me about the longevity of the paint. Depends how you use the van I guess.

Hi all, these guys don't ship to AU but I can get my girl's cousin to ship them out to me. Obviously not as nice looking as the trapezoid bars but i'm tempted to give them a try. Anyone tried these or have any other comments? Cheers, Matt
side bars.jpg

Why don’t you get trapezoid then?
Or some OEM round ones, they look far better than these?

Why don’t you get trapezoid then?
Or some OEM round ones, they look far better than these?
I assume @MGV prefers the slashed look, as the trapezoid bars are a tenner cheaper

VW T6 Side Styling | Van-Tech

I just bought some trapezoid bars from VanStyle. Quality is ok - few blemishes in the paint finish and a few scratches on one end (even though they were packaged well enough). I imagine they’re probably all made in the same Chinese factory, mind.

I assume @MGV prefers the slashed look, as the trapezoid bars are a tenner cheaper

VW T6 Side Styling | Van-Tech

I just bought some trapezoid bars from VanStyle. Quality is ok - few blemishes in the paint finish and a few scratches on one end (even though they were packaged well enough). I imagine they’re probably all made in the same Chinese factory, mind.

Not really, he says they are obviously not as nice looking as the trapezoid bars. Plus the finish on the bars in the pic looks poor to me and surely thats as good as they get if its their promo shot.

What are people’s views/thoughts on side bars stopping doors from other vehicles hit the side of the van? Cheers

What are people’s views/thoughts on side bars stopping doors from other vehicles hit the side of the van? Cheers
Side bars don't stick out far enough to stop doors hitting the body of the van

My first thought was to colour code with the wheels but it's already been suggested. Black will look good though.

I think sidesteps/running boards might work better for that. They tend to stick out 4 - 6 inches!

Back