Which Side Bars?

Not sure if I like the side bars on my van any more.

Think I will take them off and see how I feel.

Maybe some side bars in the for sale section soon.

b%y%igFKTnOIQ4VkxDvGXw.jpg
C336238C-3385-45C8-BF0A-C97B645173EF.jpeg

Good Lord No! It looks half undressed without them!

Tis the colour that looks wrong.

I'm conflicted regarding sidebars as being old school I like a bit of bling on a motor however sidebars look like the old Thrush side pipes beloved of 70s custom cars.

The SWB T6 needs something at low level to mitigate the dumpy look and add a bit of sleekness, I've mucked about and put a red stripe at low level on mine at the moment but again not entirely convinced @Skyliner and if you don't mind me saying lowering by at least 50mm minus the sidebars would make the van look a lot more butch.

I'm conflicted regarding sidebars as being old school I like a bit of bling on a motor however sidebars look like the old Thrush side pipes beloved of 70s custom cars.

The SWB T6 needs something at low level to mitigate the dumpy look and add a bit of sleekness, I've mucked about and put a red stripe at low level on mine at the moment but again not entirely convinced @Skyliner and if you don't mind me saying lowering by at least 50mm minus the sidebars would make the van look a lot more butch.
No, I do not mind you saying. I agree with you. It will get lowered when funds allow. I wouldn't mid you saying even if I did not agree, it's all about opinions and choices. Thats one thing that great about the Transporter, so many different ones, and if everyone chose the same thing then what a boring place it would be.

Cheers chap and along similar lines I was looking at side skirts the other day but came to the conclusion that like the side bars it was sort of filling a gap rather than reducing the gap.

Regarding ride height and opinions we should all have air suspension and side step the four legs good two legs bad argument altogether.:thumbsup:

For me, on a conversion, it hides the exhaust for the heater and the outlet for the sink waste. Plus adds a bit of chrome to match the H7s.

The Cali behind mine is in the same colour but no side bars.

7E51FCA3-5319-4791-A458-88A6154FC551.jpeg

For me without, but in saying that get them powder coated the same colour as your wheels think that would look mint ;)

We need someone with photoshop skills to render the van lower (not slammed) minus the side bar then go from there, can't be a right or wrong style here otherwise we all end up wanting to be different and looking the same... what exactly are sidebars supposed to be doing anyway as the exhaust or underfloor water tank on mine will get ripped off by a kerb long before a sidebar touched anything?

Back