Which roof-bars for my roof rails?

61B847B2-25BC-4F88-9809-6A13A955B634.jpegI
Pretty cool looking, had a couple of 6ft fence panels, up there last week.

VW genuine accessories. About £200 for rails and cross bars. Easy enough to fit myself. There are cheaper ones out there, but these are strong.

well thats good to know mate, trying to find em now. what colour are yours? dont know which to get satin,matt,gloss, normal black if there is one :oops: too much choice

There’s only one choice on the VW ones. They are a matt finish. They go well with the matt side tubes that went on yesterday.

keep looking up or what i think are genuine roof bars and some say 25kg and others 40kg!! thats not right good is it!! got in touch with a vw van centre in cornwall and there getting back to me on it
anyone else give us help or sites/a site i can look at please, dont know what to trust on ebay etc

keep looking up or what i think are genuine roof bars and some say 25kg and others 40kg!! thats not right good is it!! got in touch with a vw van centre in cornwall and there getting back to me on it
anyone else give us help or sites/a site i can look at please, dont know what to trust on ebay etc

Just buy them from a VW Commercial dealer.

Pete

Looking for some advice please:

I would like to install some black roof rails and cross bars - to which I will mount my solar panel, therefore I’d like the cross bars to be straight. Recomend away please

Looking for some advice please:

I would like to install some black roof rails and cross bars - to which I will mount my solar panel, therefore I’d like the cross bars to be straight. Recomend away please

Can you clarify what you mean by straight - it might help with recommendations.

I have OEM roof bars and they are straight, as in no bend across the width of the van. Do you mean rectangular cross-section ?

Pete

I have OEM roof bars and they are straight, as in no bend across the width of the van. Do you mean rectangular cross-section ?

Pete
The OEM roof bars I my photo are certainly slightly arched to follow the arch in the roof. Could you take a pic of yours front on?

The OEM roof bars I my photo are certainly slightly arched to follow the arch in the roof. Could you take a pic of yours front on?

Too dark, but had a quick check and one is flat and one slightly bowed, maybe 10mm difference centre to end.
The difference is probably down to the load I have put on them over time.

Pete

Pete

Straight as in not curved. The panel is rigid and I would like the rails to follow the lines of the panel rather than curve above or below it.

Back