Which roof-bars for my roof rails?

I ordered them from the dealer, and they fitted them before I took delivery. Not sure about part numbers, but they're easy to spec.

There you go.. it was on the box. They are made by OMTEC, the same company that make their roof rails.. internal packaging was exactly the same as the rails I got directly from VW. When I got my local VW to check their system, they where only showing the silver Ali ones no black Ali ones.

I’ve still got the box ready to recycle.. I’ll have a look in the morning

Sorry nothing on box. Item 4 above were the rails I ordered directly from VW, this is from their accessories catalogue, so in theory it will come up on their system unlike the black version of their cross bars.

When fitting the rails, don’t just rely on the foam washers they supply. Stick the washers in place then apply plenty of silicone in and around the hole. Some nightmare leakage stories on here... thankfully no problems with mine.

Cheers all have ordered from VW and got rails plus two sets of cross bars for £175 plus VAT which I thought was good will get them fitted this weekend if they arrive tomorrow and will make sure I seal them up well .

Blimey no wonder you wanted to use your account... that’s a great price.. happy fitting

Hi All, I have just bought my first Caravelle and I'd like to fit roof rails and cross bars so as to keep the overall height as low as possible. I need the bars to able to take the weight of a couple of Kayaks, couple of questions if I may.
1. Are there rails out there that can be fitted from the outside only, thus negating the need to disturb the internal roof lining?
2. Any recommendations of a good company to purchase these from?

Cheers

Bernie

Back