Which Reversing Camera?

Communicates via it’s own WiFi with Garmin Satnav, which is also far superior to the VW OEM Satnav. Free map updates.
The camera just needs a 12v power connection from the reversing lamp circuit.
Looks good. But would require a second screen (Garmin satnav) additional to the head unit?

I mounted my satnav in the otherwise useless top tray and made a hinged cover. The standard ball mount for the satnav requires some fettling and strengthening to get the clearance to allow the display to fold down.
Garmin Drive Smart 61 Satnav, can handle two cameras.
BC30 WiFi camera.
I believe both are now superceded as mine are years old.
The camera is BC31, you just need a compatible Satnav.
Both have worked for years without and problems and the navigation is very reliable.

Hi @Slunkie. We can supply and fit an aftermarket camera in the number plate recess of the tailgate or Barn doors. The camera gives 170⁰ lens angle giving a very good view of the rear these are £200 supplied fitted and coded

Hi @Slunkie. We can supply and fit an aftermarket camera in the number plate recess of the tailgate or Barn doors. The camera gives 170⁰ lens angle giving a very good view of the rear these are £200 supplied fitted and coded
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. My van has been converted to a camper so I'm concerned it could be a lengthier job than anticipated to feed all the cable through and this could increase the cost? Hence why I'm exploring doing it myself initially.

No. Not usually we've fitted alot of campers with cameras after they've been converted sometimes ads an hour on but not much.

Hi Dav-Tec, would the same as above apply to a 71 plate swb converted T6.1 with the App connect head unit fitted and tailgate? Also would I bring the van to you as I am only an hr or so away? Many thanks.

Which headunits work with your camera ?

Hi Dav-Tec, would the same as above apply to a 71 plate swb converted T6.1 with the App connect head unit fitted and tailgate? Also would I bring the van to you as I am only an hr or so away? Many thanks.
Sorry matey missed this somehow. We can travel but try not to. Especially in the winter months. Much warmer and dryer in the workshop .

T6.1 isn't an issue mate.

Better photo of the camera installed my photography skills aren't quite there yet

20211110_151054.jpg

Cool, will give you a call next week and arrange a suitable time to visit. That looks awesome
Excellent buddy. Details should be on here but if not inbox me or see our social media.

Cheers buddy

Back