Which Reversing Camera?

Wow - those are super discreet! More so than my OEM
Yes buddy that's why we like them. They're very good quality and a fair bit cheaper than the OEM camera. We find them very popular matey.

That said the OEM camera is a great camera and has moveable grid lines where as our aftermarket one is static. So each has there own purpose.

Yes buddy that's why we like them. They're very good quality and a fair bit cheaper than the OEM camera. We find them very popular matey.

That said the OEM camera is a great camera and has moveable grid lines where as our aftermarket one is static. So each has there own purpose.
My OEM is static lines and it’s a 2018 van!!!

Really? Wow. I thought they where all with moving. Must just be the 'High' ones then

Seeing as I'm travelling on the 4th, be rude not too
Ok mate no worries. I should just add as in the previous post I got carried away before pressing post reply .

The following parts numbers to my knowledge and experience so far are now reverse camera compatible with composition colour.

* 1K8035150 B
* 1K8035150 D
* 1K8035150 E
* 1K8035150 L

To find this press Setup, go to system information and it should be at the top of the page.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Cheers
Chris

Really? Wow. I thought they where all with moving. Must just be the 'High' ones then
I’m not hung up about it - it came on my T6 Cali and was better than the one my T5.1 Cali didn’t have!!!

Loved how discreet the ones you posted are. Nice product

I am waiting for a T6.1 LWB Shuttle SE (front and rear sensors) to arrive with me that does not have a camera at the moment and would like to get one fitted.

I have had the area camera on a previous Skoda but don't think that I want to go the expense of the Highline camera at the moment.

On this basis would I probably be better to get an aftermarket one fitted? Also can anyone recommend someone in the South East who would be able to supply and fit?

Many thanks

I’m looking at getting a reversing camera for my T6 Barn Door
I’m more than happy to fit and run cabling etc and then get the camera coded with a VCDS user but am wanting to know what aftermarket cameras people would recommend and if there are any they would avoid like the numerous potholes we all fear

I’m down in sussex if there are any VCDS users who want to get involved with the coding. Also looking at getting the CarPlay unlocked too. Tried viewing the map of VCDS users but it appears to be a broken link.

Many thanks

Ok mate no worries. I should just add as in the previous post I got carried away before pressing post reply .

The following parts numbers to my knowledge and experience so far are now reverse camera compatible with composition colour.

* 1K8035150 B
* 1K8035150 D
* 1K8035150 E
* 1K8035150 L

To find this press Setup, go to system information and it should be at the top of the page.

Cheers
Chris
@Dav-Tec. Chris - Please don't think that I'm questioning your undoubted expertise here but can you please re-confirm that the last one on your list above is reverse camera compatible. That's the one that I have but I've heard from several different sources that it won't work with a reverse camera, or at least NOT without an expensive extra bit of kit to go between the camera and the head unit which makes it an uncompetitive proposition. This is mine:Stereo Model Number.jpg

* 1K8035150 B
* 1K8035150 D
* 1K8035150 E
* 1K8035150 L

Cheers
Chris

@Dav-Tec. Chris - Please don't think that I'm questioning your undoubted expertise here but can you please re-confirm that the last one on your list above is reverse camera compatible. That's the one that I have but I've heard from several different sources that it won't work with a reverse camera, or at least NOT without an expensive extra bit of kit to go between the camera and the head unit which makes it an uncompetitive proposition. This is mine:View attachment 154019
Sorry that should rear are NOT compatible. I can't edit that post but if any of the admin can please change now to not

We have these in all our machines there called Brigade there very good . The guy that fitted them had one in his vw transporter so I can only assume you can buy them over the counter. 7DF781D8-8092-4781-ACDA-9027693AD06F.jpeg

2019, Composition Media 5K7035200K, tailgate.

Think that I need this loom and this camera - correct?

And then coding with VCDS.

Is this what you supply @Absolut5 ?

Last edited:
2019, Composition Media 5K7035200K, tailgate.

Think that I need this loom and this camera - correct?

And then coding with VCDS.

Is this what you supply @Absolut5 ?
We do supply these :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I’d post this here. The VW dealer fitted an OEM reversing camera to my van as the factory missed it off the build. It appears very grainy and I can see the pixels moving.

Are they quite low res from the factory or has this been installed incorrectly somehow?

many thanks

E736C8EB-5150-484B-903B-6E3DA8D0C6E5.jpeg

BAE1AC9E-1E9C-4695-9A65-D653CFD103E0.jpeg

I thought I’d post this here. The VW dealer fitted an OEM reversing camera to my van as the factory missed it off the build. It appears very grainy and I can see the pixels moving.

Are they quite low res from the factory or has this been installed incorrectly somehow?

many thanks

View attachment 180966

View attachment 180967

The camera looks OEM but I’m sure mine is sharper. Would you like a photo of mine? (I installed mine aftermarket but I think it’s OEM.)

Just adding my 10p to this thread…

I bought one of these…

And one of these…

And installed into my van - coding was straightforward and works perfectly.

Back