Which Leisure Battery?

What’s the best leisure battery to put under the drivers seat on my T6 and is it safe to position them on there side?
AGM and most lithium can go on their side. Lead acid can not. As to which is the best.... Depends on what you want it to run. Lithium will give you more useable storage capacity but will cost you far more.

Hi all,

Wheres best to get a leisure battery (AGM) from?

Any recommendations on brand?

Thanks

Decide which battery you want and search for the cheapest deal online. Quite often a local battery supplier will price match an online price and do the coding that’s required.

Decide which battery you want and search for the cheapest deal online. Quite often a local battery supplier will price match an online price and do the coding that’s required.
I don't know what battery, that's why asking :)

Also its a leisure battery with a Ctek inbeteen it and starter battery, would it need coded?

I got a Yuasa AGM from halfords, pretty reasonable on price if you can get it on trade.

It won't need coding to use with a CTEK.

I got mine from Alpha Batteries
Their prices are good and it’s easy to search with filters.
It won’t need coding as a leisure battery connected to a CTEK
I have a gel battery which I think is a type of agm that allows a deeper discharge.
I’m sure someone like @Dellmassive will be along to explain soon.
Don’t forget to consider where you’re placing it and the dimensions. Agm/gel/lithium can be placed on their side (subject to manufacturer recommendation I suppose)

As above..

Alpha Batteries are a good place to start.

Screenshot_20210914-205907_Chrome.jpg

Look for AGM chemistry.

The Loach Xtreme are good.

I have two.

Screenshot_20210914-210157_Chrome.jpg

Lifepo4 lithium are the new boys on the block.

More info here.

I got the Leoch 110ah deep discharge gel battery from there for £199.
Looking at the Leoch spec sheet I found online it will do 1000 charge cycles even when taken down to a 90% discharge.

Getting all the leisure battery parts at the moment and learning as i go .....can anyone tell me if this battery any good please?

looks good . . . vs AGM vs SLA 9 if you dont want to go down the Lithium route)

more info:

1638197102379.png

Last edited:
i would recommend getting Lifepo4 . .

for the same size a 100Ah lithium is effectively two of those 100ah above . .

dont forget you can only use half of those SLA capacity of power.

id get a Renogy 100ah ( i have one of these) . example - 12V 100Ah Smart Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery【Pre-Order】

++++++++++

but as the for the two above . . .

i have two of the XR1750`s . . . they are very good AGM`s and can be mounted in the sides . . and also fit under the T6 seat base.

i started out with these in my T6 . . . . (but ultimately upgraded to lithium's)

the Lead Carbon battery is new to market and as such i haven't done any testing yet. - id also look at the physical size as it looks to be bigger than they Xtream

++++++++++

so . . . . . . .

you need to look into Lifepo4 to see if your budget suits.

if not then have a measure up to see if the Lead-Carbon will fit in your space . .

or got for the tried and tested XR1750

but again my view is SLA is old tech and Lithium is the way forwards.

but if you want SLA then you DEFO want to get either AGM or take a look at these new Lead-Carbon SLA batteries.

more on lithium batterys here:

Thanks mate, very informative as usual…..think I’ll take your advice and just stick to the XR1750 tried and tested.

i would recommend getting Lifepo4 . .

for the same size a 100Ah lithium is effectively two of those 100ah above . .

dont forget you can only use half of those SLA capacity of power.

id get a Renogy 100ah ( i have one of these) . example - 12V 100Ah Smart Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery【Pre-Order】

++++++++++

but as the for the two above . . .

i have two of the XR1750`s . . . they are very good AGM`s and can be mounted in the sides . . and also fit under the T6 seat base.

i started out with these in my T6 . . . . (but ultimately upgraded to lithium's)

the Lead Carbon battery is new to market and as such i haven't done any testing yet. - id also look at the physical size as it looks to be bigger than they Xtream

++++++++++

so . . . . . . .

you need to look into Lifepo4 to see if your budget suits.

if not then have a measure up to see if the Lead-Carbon will fit in your space . .

or got for the tried and tested XR1750

but again my view is SLA is old tech and Lithium is the way forwards.

but if you want SLA then you DEFO want to get either AGM or take a look at these new Lead-Carbon SLA batteries.

more on lithium batterys here:

@Dellmassive
Hi Lee,
I am looking to leisure battery to lithium, along with other changes to my electrical system. My system currently consists of the following: 100Watt roof mounted solar panel
Solar Controller not suitable for lithium set up.
Sterling B2B between engine battery and leisure battery
85 Ah leisure battery.
EHU hook up point.

I would like to be able to monitor my solar panel and battery performance via Bluetooth. My understanding is that I would need to purchase a 100Ah lithium battery, a comparable solar controller and a Bluetooth device to monitor performance. I would also like to install a 1000 - 1500W inverter for off grid use.
Could you give me an idea of what equipment would be best suited for my requirements.

hi @BoroBoy

thats an easy fix . .

get a 100ah Lithium battery to swap out your AGM one, like this - https://amzn.to/3oaKvrg

1638379818218.png

+++

then swap out the Sterling DC-DC charger for the, Renogy DC-DC with integrated solar MPPT - Renogy 50A DC-DC On-board Battery Charger with MPPT : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

1638379900215.png

+++

Add the Renogy BT-2 to the unit/s for monitoring - Renogy Bluetooth Module BT-2 : Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science

1638379996475.png

++++

Now add the Renogy 1000W inverter - https://amzn.to/3lsF4T0

or the 2000w inverter - https://amzn.to/3xKj6Q0

1638380088332.png

job done =]

++++++++++

Remember that Renogy recommend using 100ah battery per 1000w inverter,

so that 2x 100ah or 200ah batterys for 2000w

1638380144146.png

++++

if you direct to - Solar Power Kits & Equipment for Sale | Renogy Solar

you can use this 10% off code - I can get you a discount at Renogy United Kingdom

Last edited:
Back