Which Jump Starter?

How does the GB50 compare - Looks like it might be a good option. Anyone tried one?

The gb50 is an upgraded version of the gb40...

It's fine as a usb battery bank or jump starting a couple of times....but it's small....(also no 12v socket out,)

If this jumppack was for "mission critical" ie loan wild camping when it's your only backup.... I'd opt for the larger gb70.

But if it's just gernal small use stuff it should be ok.

Looks like I've missed the lightning sale... =(

Was looking to add a gb70 to add to the family......

Last edited:
Yep me too just ordered the GB70

They should put you on commission @Dellmassive :laugh:
LOL yeh.... that would be nice (it costs me a fortune buying and testing this stuff)

I've found out that with these packs - you get what you pay for.

I've got the Suaoki U28 after reading reviews and watching a few YT vids . . . . . get it home and start testing - - - - - its Cr@p!

it wont even run my small tyre infiltrator, that draws up-to 8A, yet the socket is supposed to deliver 10A - they even show a tyre inflation in the sales pics . . . (it cuts out and shuts down, you have to connect the charger to reset it =[ )

anyway the NOCO kit runs the pumps and everything else fine . . . (only issue I've had with a NOCO is destroyed one by leaving in a hot tent in summer this year - observe the temp limits for use and storage people !! - - they dont like being left in a 50degC tent all day (runtland summer camp uk 2019)) (emailed NOCO support and they replaced it @ cost price as it was way over the 12mnth warranty - so cant argue with that - @andys might be worth an email about your if you still have that faulty one?)

So the U28 is now a glorified USB power bank - or used for very small 12v loads (like under 4A)

NOCO RMA and email support email : they sent me a new unit for a cost price, the faulty one was 2years old! (@andys )

JUL 22, 2019 | 05:17PM EDT
Sharla Henderson replied:

Hello Dellmassive,

Thank you for contacting NOCO support. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you have had with your GB150. The GB150 has a 1 year warranty for replacements, and we would certainly want to get this unit swapped out for you. We normally require that devices be returned to our warranty department for service according to the terms of our warranty policy. However, given your location we would not ask that you incur the hefty freight costs that would be required to send this unit back to us. Instead, please find remote warranty instructions below:

If your NOCO product is not functioning within its original design specifications, and has not been altered or modified, please email me an image or two showing the splitting case, a copy of the proof of purchase, an image of the serial number of the product, your return shipping address, and a good contact telephone number, and I will provide you with an RMA and instructions for warranty services.

Here is a link that gives you a detailed illustration on how to locate the serial number: NOCO - Locating Genius Boost Serial Numbers - Support

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Sharla Henderson

NOCO RMA and email support email : they sent me a new unit for a cost price, the faulty one was 2years old! (@andys )

JUL 22, 2019 | 05:17PM EDT
Sharla Henderson replied:

Hello Dellmassive,

Thank you for contacting NOCO support. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you have had with your GB150. The GB150 has a 1 year warranty for replacements, and we would certainly want to get this unit swapped out for you. We normally require that devices be returned to our warranty department for service according to the terms of our warranty policy. However, given your location we would not ask that you incur the hefty freight costs that would be required to send this unit back to us. Instead, please find remote warranty instructions below:

If your NOCO product is not functioning within its original design specifications, and has not been altered or modified, please email me an image or two showing the splitting case, a copy of the proof of purchase, an image of the serial number of the product, your return shipping address, and a good contact telephone number, and I will provide you with an RMA and instructions for warranty services.

Here is a link that gives you a detailed illustration on how to locate the serial number: NOCO - Locating Genius Boost Serial Numbers - Support

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Sharla Henderson
Oh really? That's worth a try then thanks. Mine hasn't been subject to high temperatures, I get it out of the garage and check the charge every six months or so and it's always been around nearly fully charged but this time it's flatlined and I've been unable to bring it back to life.

Last edited:
Its as well to double-check the claimed spec as some are deliberately misleading, particularly the 'budget' ones.
If there's a USB output then the claimed capacity in mAh or Ah most probably refers to the 5v USB socket, and at 12v will be 40% of that. The USB will be limited to 2 or 3 amps max which also helps boost the capacity claim. Some claim capacity at the 3.7 or 3.3 (LiPo/LiFePo4) volt cell level so at 12v will be no more than a 1/4 of the stated Ah capacity.
Some claim 30,000 mAh but state that the full charge time at 2A is 3 hours, which is only 6Ah, worse, its charged via USB so via the boost converter the resulting 3S charge current will be maybe a third of that. With this in mind its probably only a 2Ah pack, possibly 3, but defo not 30 as implied:

example.jpg

Even NOCO are prone to exagerrate. There is no way on earth that a GB40 will sustain 1000A from its 2150mAh battery - thats 465C which is unheard of with current battery chemistry :)
Just as well as neither the schottkys (4 x 40A paralleled) nor the 70A relay will be happy at 1000A ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WTH I missed it again...... pants!!!!

Back to £168 =(

Re the Noco GB70 - Does anyone know if this is correct, quoted from a recently read review? "Also I charged the gb70 using a 240v 3 pin to 12v car adapter I have. It charged the gb70 only to 75%. The reason is that the max voltage from this adapter is 12v. The gb70 needs higher to get it to 100% so you have to charge it from the cigarette plug from a running car. "

All mine charge to 100% using a USB tablet charger...or the 12v socket in the an

Duno why that guy would use a 240v to 12v???

Just use a decent USB power adapter (bit longer charge time) or the supplied 12v plug in the 12v socket.

All mine charge to 100% using a USB tablet charger...or the 12v socket in the an

Duno why that guy would use a 240v to 12v???

Just use a decent USB power adapter (bit longer charge time) or the supplied 12v plug in the 12v socket.

I guess he wanted to use his in-house mains supply rather than the vehicle 12v socket as it takes 2-3 hours to charge this way.
How long does it take with your USB tablet charger?

Depends on the size of Noco and size of USB adapter...

I use a 2.4amp USB power brick and leave it plugged in overnight.

Back