Which Is The Best Dash Cam ???

Are you asking about a next base read can to match you nextbase front or are you trying to mix and match
Trying to mix and match. I want a non-nextbase front unit on the rear view mirror to connect to my nextbase rear camera. I’m thinking hdmi is a standard plug, should be able to find a unit. But I can’t.

No mate it won't work like that they're all designed to work with their own brand

Hi folks.

I've tried posting this as a new thread but it's not appearing? Perhaps it needs mod approval? I'll try it here anyway.

Picking up my new T6.1 conversion in the New Year. Got a lot useful info here already. Have been reading the dashcam threads too and think I have settled on the Thinkware F790 front & rear. The convertor hasn't fitted one before but reckons 3-4 hours labour at most @£30+VAT per hour. Does this sound about right? It's obviously the rear one that will take the most time and to be honest it's not something I fancy tackling myself.

Edit: I see Halfords offer a fitting service for £70. They don't seem to have the Thinkware models but do stock the Blackvue, so thats another option. Would likely go for the DR590X-2CH or DR770X-2CH if this is the route I take.

I've tried posting this as a new thread but it's not appearing? Perhaps it needs mod approval? I'll try it here anyway.
It’s showing up at my end, so I’m not sure if the cache needs clearing / phone wants a reboot at your end?

IMG_5282.jpeg

Hi folks.

Picking up my new T6.1 conversion in the New Year. Got a lot useful info here already. Have been reading the dashcam threads too and think I have settled on the Thinkware F790 front & rear. The convertor hasn't fitted one before but reckons 3-4 hours labour at most @£30+VAT per hour. Does this sound about right? It's obviously the rear one that will take the most time and to be honest it's not something I fancy tackling myself.

Edit: I see Halfords offer a fitting service for £70. They don't seem to have the Thinkware models but do stock the Blackvue, so thats another option. Would likely go for the DR590X-2CH or DR770X-2CH if this is the route I take.
The new Generation Nextbase IQ looks a great setup. For the extra money you could fit one yourself.

Thinkware camera out perform nextbase and Blackvue for bang for buck ratio

They offer an rear view camera too so presumably not
Ooh sorry. Not really looked into it. Though the unit had both front and rear and thought it would save you money getting someone to run cables to the rear.

Thinkware camera out perform nextbase and Blackvue for bang for buck ratio

If I was looking at dash cams, I’d take heed of what Dave-Tec has to say.

Not only does he use them but he fits them day in day out and his company is very highly respected on this forum, just check out his reviews on here…

For instance

And no I’ve never met the guy nor had need to use his company, but I wouldn’t hesitate.

Not only does he use them but he fits them day in day out and his company is very highly respected on this forum, just check out his reviews on here…

For instance

And no I’ve never met the guy nor had need to use his company, but I wouldn’t hesitate.
Duly noted!

Unfortunately I can't make use of his services as I'm too far away.

For instance

That’s what makes this forum great! Lots of help and advice from member’s experience. Well done everybody.

For instance

That's very kind of you @Oldrat and great to hear.

Back