Which eBike?

Primera in Bournemouth. It's in shop but i still haven't collected
Was down there Saturday getting a new TCU fitted under warranty on my Turbo Levo, I was looking at the cube just before Christmas, but was persuaded to go Levo, purely with the Specialize backup...

but they are all fun, and the best thing I’ve purchased, was out yesterday for a 35miler ...

04DFDCA1-7BC2-4AA4-9E56-4ABF54AEE1EB.jpeg

Was down there Saturday getting a new TCU fitted under warranty on my Turbo Levo, I was looking at the cube just before Christmas, but was persuaded to go Levo, purely with the Specialize backup...

but they are all fun, and the best thing I’ve purchased, was out yesterday for a 35miler ...

View attachment 107293
nice one, you my local specialized shop have never been that helpful to me so I am put off that brand. I wanted teh Commencal really but long lead times....

Just spoke to the bike shop and they advised against cube front mud guard and said something like a crud guard would be better and not limit movement of the front suspension...

looking in to all the other stuff :)
We have these Mud guards, you don't need much on the front as the frame is wide enough to stop most of it.
IMG_0202.jpeg
IMG_0201.jpeg

ps. You do need the kickstand because when you stop for coffee or a pint you won't be able to put your front wheel in regular bike stands as the tyres are too wide. When it's busy there is often no room to just chuck it down and hope it's still there when you come back.

FYI - Just got an email that the cube reaction pro 625 is back in limited stock at pure electric.

Lezyne Zecto lights are good to give you a bit of visibility, if you are riding off road any of the exposure lights are very good but can get a bit pricey. I use a combination of both on my commute and they are both great sets. I leave a lead at work to recharge them when necessary.

Just did my first 30km cycle, very hilly and used a mix of tour an emtb. Awesome, I have the biggest smile on my face. I do a lot of walking but haven’t cycled that far in over 15 years!

And that's exactly why ebikes are so popular!!
They get you out & about, travelling distances that you would not normally be able to do.
And as your fitness improves you can turn the assistance down so you still get a decent workout
Winner winner chicken dinner, me thinks?

Last edited:
OMG Im going to have to stop reading this thread.
Carry on reading, I have 3 sports bikes. But fed up not riding in the winter, bought a Levo Turbo comp. best thing I’ve purchased, nipped out today for a 30 miler, got caught in 2 hailstone storms. Rained, got absolutely filthy but great fun, will go anywhere if it’s got grip

Another 23km - wife only let me out for a bit... hope the weather is good for a bit.
Just need recommendations on keeping my head warm, cycling into the wind was like being blasted with cold water...

ordered some cheap lights from Amazon to have a look at,

and

dont really expect to be out at night much so they are there just in case they are needed. Will see what they are like.
both of these lights are of a good build quality and reasonably inexpensive. for light use they will be fine.

have also just bought

its absolutely amazing lowers road noise and keeps your head warm and dry under your helmet. :)

And

Handle bar phone mount - good for your phone and a few other bits.

ps. managed a 51.5km (32 mile) trip today in the rain :).

so, after cycling in the rain this week the bike is dirty... Have been wiping down with a microfibre and was going to go over the frame in warm soapy water at the weekend
any do‘s or don’t’ s I should be aware of?

also is there any maintenance I should consider? Or things that should be checked periodically? (other than tyres, breaks, chain wear)

Back