Newbie battery charger questions

Ahh, I answered 'no' to
Is there any risk in doing this?
So, yes it's a good idea as it'll remove another possible device drawing current.

I agree there's multiple sources some which say the d250SE does trickle charge, some which say it doesn't...

At the very least, disconnecting the CTEK from the system will tell us if it's that or not.

Very difficult to access this fuse but got to it and opened its case.
20240424_142054.jpg
Now what do I do? I was expecting something removable but can't see how to remove that orange bit.

Ah thanks.

Before I saw this I unscrewed the holder from the panel behind in the hope of there being enough loose wire behind to give a bit more access but no luck. Now of course it makes it impossible to undo those nuts as the case needs holding in place.

I'm not sure it's possible to undo them anyway as basically it's blind access behind the battery. Will have another look but am a bit stumped. What size spanner do I need?

Not sure off the top of my head, might be an 8mm?

If you've got a socket set that would work, looking at your fuse it looks like the cable terminals are on top of the fuse so you'd just need to undo one of them which would release one of the cables.

Fuse removed at about 16:00. Line afterwards looks straighter. Screenshot_20240424_181713_Battery Monitor.jpg
Now on charge but will have to be driven on Friday. Is it OK to drive with the fuse removed?

Fuse removed at about 16:00. Line afterwards looks straighter. View attachment 238153
Now on charge but will have to be driven on Friday. Is it OK to drive with the fuse removed?

Got this back from ctek support
"Yes! It is OK to remove the fuse."
Excellent, that line after you removed the fuse is looking how I'd expect it to look. The battery isn't anywhere even near full charged so I think the CTEK is definitely doing something which it shouldn't be. Whether that's faulty trickle charge function, or something else.

Back