where to put gas locker on a conversion with 130cm bed

Paulanthony

Hi All
Im finishing a conversion with a 130cm rib bed and slim evo units on side. Just wondering where people with this conversion
put their gas locker? It's a 907 bottle in a metal container. Thinking of just putting it below the sink but then am squeezed for
room with the fresh water container..

I’ve been toying with the idea of putting it under the passenger seat in a top loading locker, with some amour on the pipe to get it over to the kitchen side. Never seen it done, so I guess it is a bad idea?

On our last long (ish) trip in France, we came to the conclusion that we just couldn't be bothered with the 12L jerry can style water container that is supposed to supply water to the sink and we just used a 5 litre bottle and kept it topped up along with a couple of 700ml bottles just for drinking water. Mind you, we don't tend to wild camp much and on sites water tends to be readily available so refilling the container is easy. When we got back from the trip, I took the 12L container out and tidied up the water pump and associated power cable so that it was out of the way and the cupboard under the sink now has a bit of extra storage space available.

Hi All
Im finishing a conversion with a 130cm rib bed and slim evo units on side. Just wondering where people with this conversion
put their gas locker? It's a 907 bottle in a metal container. Thinking of just putting it below the sink but then am squeezed for
room with the fresh water container..
We had the same quandary so ended up fitting an underslung gas tank instead.

I've the same 130 RIB and slim EVO units, but not the rear unit. I DIY'd a bench with cushion at the rear, same height as the bed. Water tank is in there along with folded up awning etc. DIY gas locker sits behind the rear driver's side wheel arch. Plywood box, top loading and sealed, with drop vent through van floor. Copper pipes from there, through the bench to under the sink.
If it's the EVO PRO 1300 set up you have, the EVO water tank fits snuggly behind the drivers seat too (may work with other furniture options), so maybe you could have the water tank there and gas under the sink? I've a fridge there, so no space under sink.

CFCAE941-5E67-48AD-AD80-E67C96C7C5EA.jpegThe fitter put ours here, just behind the rear wheel arch. He put a vent directly below it so there won’t be anything blocking it underneath the van.

Having just had a catastrophic write off I feel this subject needs revisiting …. The rear end on my T6 was rearranged at least 2 feet and luckily wasn’t centred on the offside light cluster …. If it had been the gas bottle would have been crushed against the wheel arch …I don’t think it’s sensible to place the gas in the rear of the vehicle now …. My sons just converting his own van and I mentioned this to him a few days ago ….any thoughts …???

Yes I thought about that and eventually ended up locating gas locker under the sink. It's a tight squeeze with the 12 litre freshwater tank bit it actually fits perfect in this position. Should point out that I use a portable fridge so that's why this space is free..

20220212_151108.jpg

20220212_151117.jpg

Mine is going under my sink, how exactly is physically vented? As the exhaust exit is in a similar location

Ours was in a similar position to that pictured by Paul above but a little further to the right as we have a Dometic CRX50 where his corner cupboard is. I say 'was' because after nearly 4 years and having only burnt around ½ a 907 cylinder in that time, we've decided that we can do without an internal hob altogether. I've now removed the gas cylinder and safe, blanked the drop out vent, tucked the rubber gas pipe out of the way and put a shelf in the cupboard for some valuable extra storage space. See here at Post #13245: What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Last edited:
Back